With the big hullabaloo that The Walking Dead #100 sold more copies than anything since Matthew and I were in grad school, it does make us wonder – Did people buy it and store it away, or did people actually read the issue before sealing it in Mylar?

Did you Buy AND Read The Walking Dead #100?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SDCC'12: Pacific Rim panel

SDCC'12: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

1. JoeM
    July 17, 2012 at 12:10 pm — Reply

I didn’t buy this because I have not been reading Walking Dead. I am planning on borrowing it from a friend at some point though. But if/when I do buy Walking Dead #100, I will read it!

2. Allen
    July 17, 2012 at 12:29 pm — Reply

I only just started reading Walking Dead but I will buy it and read it when I get to it.

3. Georgedubya
    July 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm — Reply

I haven’t been reading Walking Dead, so I didn’t buy or read it.

4. JacinB
    July 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm — Reply

I bought it thrice and read it twice.

First, as soon as it was released digitally because I couldn’t wait until after work to pick it up and read it. So, I read it then.

Then I purchased two more copies — the regular cover and the wraparound cover by Charlie Adlard — at the local comic shop, of which I only read the regular covered book because, well, the special cover was already bagged and boarded and I didn’t feel the urge to open it to read the same thing I’d already read and re-read.

5. EricR
    July 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm — Reply

There should a fifth option for me. I can’t get a copy where I live. It’s sold out. I will have to resort to buying it electronically or ordering it through mail. Neither option works for me because I want a physical copy and I am worried it will be damaged in transit if I order through mail. My comic shop couldn’t guarantee an order.

6. July 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm — Reply

Neither bought nor read. Between no easy access to comic shops and it not being on my priority list, it is unlikely that I’ll ever read it unless a friend owns a copy, it shows up online or it gets stuck in a collected edition later.

7. Verse
    July 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm — Reply

I didn’t buy. I fell out of The Walking Dead. I don’t know what I wanted out of issue 100 (Besides them following a different group), but it was not enough to get me to start buying again.

• JacinB
      July 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm — Reply

As few survivors as there are from the ‘original’ group, it’s almost as though they are following a different group. I think Rick still has almost enough fingers to count the number of people that were with the group at the Prison and are still alive.

8. July 19, 2012 at 1:02 am — Reply

Possible fifth option – “Waiting for trade”.

I read TWD in trade.

That being said, I have read Mathew’s review and know what happens, and I am looking forward to reading it in a few months time.