MOVIES: Final The Dark Knight Rises trailer arrives

SOLICITATIONS: Marvel Comics for October 2012

1. Georgedubya
    July 16, 2012 at 10:04 am — Reply

Awwww yeah.

I would not be opposed to everyone pretending War Zone never happened and going back to Jane as Castle.

2. Rome
    July 16, 2012 at 10:09 am — Reply

Holy Sh!%! That was crazy.

Why have none of that actual Punisher movies been this good?!?

Jayne really embodied the Punisher a la the MAX series. I’m watching it again.

3. TaZ
    July 16, 2012 at 10:19 am — Reply

That….was…..AWESOME!!!! MORE! MORE! Encore!!!!

“Do you know the difference between justice and punishment?” Someone put out a Punisher T shirt with that on the back and I’ll be the first in line to buy the damn thing!

4. Eric (CMonocle)
    July 16, 2012 at 11:22 am — Reply

While I enjoyed this… Did it bother anyone else that he just let that hooker get raped before intervening??

• TaZ
      July 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Bother…yes, of course. Just as it was in waiting for the inevitable “kill them all let God sort them out” moment. However, it did seem like something that would be right out of the Punisher War Journal or Punisher MAX. In his way, Frank let it go that far in order that the hooker received her own punishment but then allowed her to exact her punishment on the slug. Nothing says love like roasting with Jack Daniels. Loved Ron Pearlman, as always. Of course, it’s punishment twisted but Frank Castle isn’t your run of the mill “hero”.

If this isn’t used as a basis for a Punisher sequel then a major artistic crime has been committed!

• Trey
        July 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm — Reply

I do believe that all 3 Punisher movies were rated R. I have to admit that the Thomas Jane one is my favorite. I too would like to see him return for a sequel.

5. morpheus11
    July 16, 2012 at 11:23 am — Reply

That was awesome! I hope Marvel sees this and does something with it.

6. N
    July 16, 2012 at 11:26 am — Reply

i take back every bad thing ive ever said about thomas jane being the punisher. this is what the movie shoulda been.

7. Trampicus
    July 16, 2012 at 6:23 pm — Reply

Man, that’s what the Punisher movie could have been like?!?!?!? Please give this another go Tom, and a hard “R” rating, and I’m first in line.

• Georgedubya
      July 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm — Reply

I think that’s been the problem with the Punisher movies in the past. Punisher isn’t your typical “hero” property, and I think it struggles to fit into a PG-13 mold.

Of course, with Disney owning Marvel’s stuff these days, the idea of it getting a release under the R rating is kind of laughable.

8. ray
    July 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm — Reply

9. Andrew
    July 17, 2012 at 12:55 am — Reply

so good, always loved Jane as the punisher