I don’t think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have ever had a time when there wasn’t an audience for their hijinks.  So it makes sense that Nickelodeon would bring the characters back for a new series.

Take the jump for a look at the footage that premiered at the San Diego Comic Con.

SDCC'12: LEGO jumps into the Rancor pit

SDCC'12: Archaia picks up three Eisner awards for Tale of Sand

1. July 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm — Reply

Okay, except for the little lightning bolts that popped up, I’m down with this. Even those things aren’t a dealbreaker. Voice work is solid, even Jason Biggs took me by surprise.

2. Sebastian
    July 14, 2012 at 3:44 pm — Reply

And again not available for European users :_/

3. Arbor Day
    July 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm — Reply

A weird blend of anime and cgi, surprisingly effective.

But Raphael could never beat Leonardo so in that respect it is a failure.

4. July 15, 2012 at 11:21 am — Reply

The more I see of this style, the more I like it. And it makes me stupidly, nostalgically happy to hear Rob Paulsen voicing a Ninja Turtle again.

• July 15, 2012 at 11:46 am — Reply

I did not know he’s be associated with this series (I haven’t kept up much), but that is enough to make me go from somewhat curious to interested.

5. July 15, 2012 at 8:56 pm — Reply

If I’m not mistaken, Donatello’s voice is from the original cast. Which means, I’m going to watch this.