SDCC'12: Marvel's Next Big Thing

SDCC'12: My Little Pony comics coming from IDW

1. J_Michael_T
    July 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm — Reply

Why do they hate him so much? Successful and popular. I don’t get it.

• July 13, 2012 at 8:29 pm — Reply

I don’t think they hate him. I think that they wrote themselves in a corner reviving Barry, and in the new-and-younger climate of the New 52, there’s no place FOR him.

Honestly, the obvious answer is to have the original Earth-1/New Earth Wally travel over to the continuity of Earth-2/Worlds’ Finest, and take it from there.

• DrNobody
        July 13, 2012 at 11:33 pm — Reply

Hey now… He COULD have been Kid Flash for 5 years, and then quit due to either raising a couple of super powered kids, or because his powers were giving him problems… Essentially giving Wally fans a nod that he exists and was a part of the universe, but still finding a good use for him (although 2 Flashes really shouldn’t be too far fetched a concept as there are now 5 GLs, and it really makes more sense to have 2 super-speedsters covering all of the world any ways… Just sayin’!!)… I think they dropped the ball any ways by not streamlining the 2 characters origins… Perhaps Iris had Barry watching her nephew for an evening and they were both doused with chemicals instead of it miraculously happening a second time…

2. Michael
    July 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Well that was time wasted.

DC should junk the NuDCU and use Young Justice as the basis for its RillyNuDCU.

• July 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm — Reply

Except Young Justice isn’t really new, it is Earth 16. I’m not arguing against using it (I’d actually prefer a few titles from that setting, to be honest), just pointing out that it wouldn’t really be as new as the DCnU.

3. Xian
    July 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm — Reply

Mattel announced Wally’s getting a new toy.

4. Jeff
    July 13, 2012 at 9:34 pm — Reply

Wally’s new toy is for grown-ups, and is a private thing between him and Mrs. West…

5. Lawrence
    July 13, 2012 at 10:16 pm — Reply

That was the main problem I had with the new 52, they only have 5 years to squeeze in 50+ years of sidekicks and character evolution. I really hate 4 Robins, Supergirl and Suberboy, two Wondergirls and 4 Flashes. It just doesn’t make sense in my opinion, they should have done a gradual release of their characters. I hope Marvel considers that when they retool their universe.

6. July 14, 2012 at 7:38 am — Reply

Wally/Barry is going to be the new fandom civil war along the lines of Kyle/Hal in the mid-90s, isn’t it?