So many panels, so many things to see, so many things to buy, and so many… things! Major Spoilers has traveled the tubes of the Intardwebz, and bring you a summary of Marvel’s Next Big Thing.
4:30-5:30 Marvel: Next Big Thing— The Marvel Universe is where the biggest comic stories happen-so wouldn’t you like to be the first to know what Marvel has planned? Get the latest news on Marvel’s plan for their biggest heroes and villains, with some surprises along the way! Editor Sana Amanat, editor-in-chief Axel Alonso, Marvel talent scout C. B. Cebulski, and others answer all your burning questions while giving you a sneak peek at the future of Marvel. Room 6DE
- The new Gambit series will have its own beginning, middle, and end, which sounds like every issue will be a jumping on point
- The marriage between Northstar and Kyle is just another step in the duo’s relationship
- Northstar and Kyle will have a honeymoon special that arrives in October
- Arune Singh believes Matt Fraction and David Aja’s Hawkeye will be the breakout book of the year
- There wasn’t much said about Captain Marvel excpet the company believes that this will be the kind of comic boys and girls, men and women can enjoy, and that Marvel should have done this book a long time ago.
- New Mutants will end with issue #50.
- As we’ve already learned, First X-Men will explore Logan’s past, mutant we haven’t met before, and Wolverine’s relationship with Sabretooth.
- Probably because of the cosmic nature of current and future Marvel movies, we can expect to see the cosmic heroes to have a much bigger profile in the coming months.
- There is a Doctor Strange book on the way, but right now Marvel is trying to work out what Marvel magic is.
- Cloak and Dagger will appear in upcoming issues of Amazing Spider-Man and Wolverine.
And with that, we wrap our look at Marvel’s Next Big Thing panel.