SDCC’12: DC Comics: Justice League and Green Lantern
The DC Comics: Justice League and Green Lantern panel just concluded, and here is your Major Spoilers summary of what was revealed.
1:45-2:45 DC Comics: Justice League and Green Lantern— Comics’ top talent-writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee-continue their historic team-up on DC Comics’ bestselling Justice League, while Geoff continues his epic run on Green Lantern. Johns, Lee, Tony Bedard (Green Lantern: New Guardians), Brian Buccellato (Flash), Jeff Lemire (Animal Man, Justice League Dark), Francis Manapul (Flash), James Robinson (Earth 2), and Nicola Scott (Earth 2) explore some of DC Comics’ spectacular titles. Room 6DE
- Justice League #12 is a big turning point for the team, and readers will see members quitting leading into the next big arc
- Justice League #0 features Billy Batson and The Wizard Shazam meeting for the first time. They don’t get along…
- Tony Daniel joins the Justice League after issue #12
- The Cheetah will appear in the Justice League
- Don’t forget – the Trinity War is coming in 2013
- Justice League Annual #1 is more of a Booster Gold story as OMAC fights the JLI
- “These rings run out of juice, don’t they?” This [gun] is my backup.”
- Why did all those Green Lantern rings come to Kyle? Green Lantern New Guardians #12 will reveal all
- Rayner will be taking on the Third Army, and he’s going to need all the kung-fu the Lanterns can offer up
- Still no Wally West in The Flash, but Flash #0 will fill in some of the gaps in Barry Allen’s origin story
- Earth-2 #0 will feature a story of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman before they were killed in Earth-2 #1
- Guess I was wrong on the Major Spoilers Podcast; the battle between Alan Scott and Solomon Grundy will last six issues instead of five
- Wesley Dodds will appear in Earth-2 as a Canadian hero who works with the World Army
- Writer James Robinson said it will take time to roll out all the JSA heroes, so fans should be patient as he tells the story he wants to tell
- Batman: Earth One book 2 is already in the works. The book will re-team Geoff Johns with Gary Frank
- Sodam Yat will return next year (I’m guessing Johns means 2013 instead of after next Comic-Con)
- J’onn J’onzz will be back next year as well, and maybe… just maybe we’ll see the Martian Manhunter in Justice League
- The Metal Men will return at some point. I think this is an interesting comment, considering there have been rumors that the Metal Men are slated for a movie adaptation.
And save for a few random comments, that is what was discussed and revealed during the panel.