Insight Editions is pleased to announce its presence at Comic-Con International 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center, from July 12th to July 15th at booth #1035. For over 17 years, the San Rafael, California-based independent book publisher has produced lavish and visually stimulating books on photography, film, music, and popular culture that have wowed readers with their deft interplay of word and image.
Comic-Con International is an opportunity for Insight to celebrate recent and upcoming titles such as The Dark Knight Manual, Batmobile: The Complete History, The Art of Blizzard, Fringe: September’s Notebook, and The Essential Supernatural: On The Road With Sam And Dean Winchester. As a tie in to The Art of Blizzard, special guest artists from Blizzard Entertainment will be on hand to sign Diablo III Book of Cain and posters from Art of Blizzard. Comic-Con International is also the show where new projects debut. This year Insight will give fans a sneak peak at future titles Pacific Rim, Man of Steel, Spongebob, and showcase special collaborations with writer-director Guillermo del Toro.
Appearing at the Insight Editions booth #1035 for signings and Q&A’s during Comic-Con will be:
- Artist and illustrator Scott Campbell, Amazing Everything: The Art of Scott C.,Thursday, July 12th at 2 PM.
- Writers Micky Neilson, Flint Dille, Matt Burns, Book of Cain, Friday, July 13th at 10:00 AM.
- Game creators Chris Metzen, Sam Didier, The Art of Blizzard, Friday, July 13th at 4 PM.
- Cartoon historian and creator of Cartoonbrew.com Jerry Beck, The Hannah-Barbera Treasury and 100 Greatest Looney Tunes Cartoons, Saturday, July 14th at 12 PM.
- Award-winning illustrator and concept artist Iain McCaig, Shadowline: The Art of Iain McCaig, Saturday, July 14th at 3 PM.
For over forty years, San Diego’s Comic-Con International has been a cornerstone of the comic book and science fiction/fantasy lifestyle. It’s one of the largest American consumer conventions, attracting more than 130,000 attendees over four days. It’s a nexus for content providers showcasing and debuting work in comic books, films, television, and video games.