This week, the biggest comic book convention in the United States of America kicks off in San Diego, California. And the build up to the big event finds a flood of news and items of interest hitting the Major Spoilers website. Here then, is your look back, at the week that was.
- Marvel finally broke the silence and announced Marvel NOW! before the San Diego Comic-Con.
- Spider-Man arrived in theaters, and there are plenty of thoughts about the flick.
- The press releases and pre-show announcements were flying last week as the build up to Comic Con International: San Diego continued.
- An official trailer for the unofficial Inspector Spacetime fan film has arrived, and it looks like the show is going to be called Untitled Web Series…
- Have you ever wondered what a Justice League International movie would look like? Jimmy did, and thinks he has a combo worth checking out.
- Jimmy also sat down to chat with writer Gregg Hurwitz.
- Major Spoilers spun off a new website. Meet Minor Spoilers!
- MonkeyBrain Comics launched this past week, and co-found Chris Roberson dropped by the Major Spoilers Podcast to talk about it.
- Major Spoilers turned six years old, and Executive Producer Stephen Schleicher is frustrated about it.
- Ron Perlman dons the Hellboy costume one more time
- Major Spoilers launched the Munchkin Land podcast – the monthly show looking at the card game from Steve Jackson Games.
- The Harvey Award Nominees were announced, with voting occurring soon, and the winners to be announced at the Baltimore Comic Con
- Major Spoilers is growing and is looking for a few good writers and a few good coders. If you know any (or are one), make sure you drop Stephen Schleicher a line.
- And if the Major Spoilers news flooding out of Stately Spoiler Manor isn’t enough for you, The Joker is returning to the New 52 in October.
And that is the week that was, or at least the highlights that we think you’ll want to check out again. What did we miss? What did you like best? Let us know in the comment section below.