Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: The party has arrived in the Summer Canopy, but the local fauna aren’t big fans…

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/criticalhit155_fixed.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

REVIEW: Infernal Man-Thing #1 (of 3)

GAMING: Walking Dead First-Person Shooter

1. Jason De Luna
    July 7, 2012 at 9:17 am — Reply

Did anyone else have an issue where the theme payed over the guys talking?

• Aspiring Spambot
      July 7, 2012 at 10:22 am — Reply

Ah, is that why my iTunes version says “fixed?” I thought they had another Helium party and didn’t invite me.

• Marco
        July 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm — Reply

That moment was so funny!

2. Georgedubya
    July 7, 2012 at 10:38 am — Reply

Let’s be honest Stephen, Orem is not the Wile E. Coyote of the group. That is Randus’s territory as the resident Super Genius. Torq is obviously Foghorn Leghorn. I’ll let others figure out the rest of the team.

3. Xaxelbrax
    July 7, 2012 at 11:15 am — Reply

Super Torq Oblivion Punch!

4. Dan
    July 7, 2012 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Now Torq needs to get a gauntlet that looks like hellboys fist.

5. David J
    July 8, 2012 at 12:26 am — Reply

I have to say that this episode was one of the most amusing to date. So many points where I had to pause to catch my breath from laughing.

6. Locknestra
    July 8, 2012 at 10:41 am — Reply

+100 Cool Points for “Whose Line is it Anyway?” reference!

“Nice of you to drop in” – One of those puns you TOTALLY see coming, but still appropriate and funny. Especially considering it’s Randus ;-)

• Andante
      July 11, 2012 at 11:37 am — Reply

It’s even funnier because you’re waiting to see who’s going to drop it!

• Tod
        July 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm — Reply

I was totally expecting a skill challenge that would inevitably involve Randus wrigging up a grapple gun to hoist Trelle and him to the others. Great show y’all.

7. Aspiring Spambot
    July 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm — Reply

You forgot the part where Torq’s Thunderstrike immediately drags him off to the nearest crime being committed at the end of the fight. :P

8. Marco
    July 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm — Reply

Thank you for the Archer reference Brian, you made me spit my water :D

9. gammafighter
    July 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm — Reply

I haven’t seen an episode of “Whose Line is it Anyways?” since the original airing of the first two seasons, but all this week I’ve been watching clips of it on youtube and loving it. Then out of nowhere Rodrigo makes a Whose Line reference.

I always seem to have something in the real world leak into either Critical Hit or MSP. How do you guys do that?

• July 12, 2012 at 4:29 pm — Reply

How do you guys do that?

We’re tied into the zeitgeist. Also, pagan rituals and such.

• Aspiring Spambot
        July 13, 2012 at 9:26 am — Reply

Once again, D&D drags a group of innocent podcast hosts into the darkest corners of the occult. Hopefully you’ll come to your senses before Elfstar takes over completely. :P

10. FuhFuhFresh
    July 13, 2012 at 10:16 am — Reply

Anxiously awaiting more. Nice twist with the weapon swatting away. I picture Torq’s uppercut KO off the leaf as very DBZ – streaking up to it, smacking it and switching to super slo-mo at the moment of contact.

11. XantharTheFlame
    October 17, 2012 at 11:27 am — Reply

On the question of picking up a weapon from the ground and taking out or putting away a weapon, the PHB clearly states on pg. 289 that these are MINOR actions. I know this question came up WAY EARLY in the campaign (ep. #5 or 6?) and Rodrigo made a ruling that taking out a weapon is a STANDARD action. Given the amount of time this campaign has gone, I doubt Rodrigo will change the rule now (I wouldn’t), but thought you should know for future reference. Unless I am missing something, but I don’t think so.