Top Five Things We Miss From Our Childhood

Top Five Stories Disney Should Adapt into Animated Movies

Top Five is a show where the hosts categorize, rank, compare, and stratify everything‚Ķ from cars to gadgets to people and movies. From stuff that is hot, and things that are not nearly as interesting – it’s Top Five.

This week, they’ve done it with the Hunchback, they did it with the Mermaid, but what other tales and stories should The Walt Disney Studios snag and Disney-fy as their own?

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/top_five_023.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TOYS: Diamond Select Toys offers unmasked Spider-Man variant at Disney stores

SDCC'12: Marvel announces All-Winners Squad

1. July 2, 2012 at 11:57 am — Reply

It always makes me happy when we get a Top Five podcast because it seems like I run through the 2 MSPs and Critical Hit so quickly, and this way I get a little more Major Spoilers goodness to keep me going

2. Brenton8090
    July 2, 2012 at 2:32 pm — Reply

One that jumps immediate to my mind is “The TAle of One Bad Rat”. But that might be a better live action-animation hybrid. That comic tugs at my heartstrings, and it is very cinematic. It would make a fantastic movie, and a great trade paperback review.

3. July 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm — Reply

Weird my Downcast is not refreshing with this episode…..

4. Quiett
    July 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm — Reply

iTunes is telling me it can’t find the URL. I was very much looking forward to 3 Major Spoiler podcasts tomorrow. Hope you guys can get this fixed tonight!

• July 3, 2012 at 12:42 am — Reply

You can always download it from the download link above and transfer it to your music listening device.

5. Oldcomicfan
    July 2, 2012 at 9:07 pm — Reply

iTunes still can’t find it.

• July 3, 2012 at 12:41 am — Reply

And I haven’t figured out why that is… it is weird because everything is lined up…

6. Oldcomicfan
    July 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm — Reply

No. 5 – the Eric Sandover-Skottie Young Oz books in Skottie Young style.
    No. 4 – Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn as a animated series.
    No. 3 – Barbara Hambly’s “Dragonsbane” – if you haven’t read it, shame on you.
    No. 2 – Taylor Anderson’s “Destroyerman” series or David Weber’s “Honor Harrington” series. Again, if you haven’t read them, shame on you.
    No. 1 – Alan Bradley’s Flavia DeLuce novels. A 11-year old girl detective who likes to poison people and solves crimes.

7. Brett
    July 6, 2012 at 7:50 am — Reply

Future Top 5: Top 5 D&D classes/races…

8. Zachariah
    July 8, 2012 at 11:37 am — Reply

You have talked a lot about animated movies and shows and I think it would be interesting to hear your top five favorite voice actors.

9. Adrianna
    July 8, 2012 at 11:46 pm — Reply

When Rob said “Superman” I was still in the ethnic fairytale frame of mind and thought he was reffering to the African tale of “The Superman”.

Ohhh, I would love to see so many of these classic legends as Disney films, like Stephen’s Monkey King or Rodrigo’s Promethius idea. I have always, always loved fairytales and mythology from around the world, although I’m somewhat terrified of how different the Disney-fied versions would be (recall Hercules).

Oh goodness- all the terrifying children’s movies I saw when I was younger. I’m a 1990s child, so I was only at the tail end of this, but The Secret of Nimh, The Princess and the Goblin, Once Upon a Forest, Fern Gully, even the first Land Before Time had terrifying moments in remarkable movies.

10. Scott
    July 9, 2012 at 9:22 am — Reply

I’m surprised Rob didn’t mention this, since I’m sure I’ve heard him mention it in the CH podcast before…

Redwall, by Brian Jacques

11. Motzy
    July 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I just want to say that, when “Journey to the West” was proposed, I kept expecting somebody to chime in with a tidbit of trivia saying that Dragon Ball is heavily inspired by it.

Blew my mind when I realized that myself O. o

12. Sam
    July 24, 2013 at 7:30 pm — Reply

#5: The Odyssey I mean a more modern version like.
    -It is a great story, do it about a conman trying to save his marriage or family and enlisting the help of a group of friends

#4: Macbeth think about it. Murder, Revenge, Clever ploys.
    The witches are evil and we can say/show that they drive Macbeth too madness and he would have been a good man otherwise so a sympathetic villain. Also plenty of good songs

#3: Miracle on 34th Street, with the Muppets… enough said

#2: Baba Yaga as a mentor. Teaching a run-away girl to use trickery, skill, smarts etc., this old woman doing Miyagi style things well pretending not too be Baba Yaga.
    Well the other side the boy she loves and loves her is a knight honor and all that hunting the evil witch.
    Why does the girl not realize its Baba Yaga? The house is sleeping with its feet hidden
    and she ran away to not be married to another knight so the boy has to kill Baba Yaga. When the king plans to claim the kill himself. Play Yaga up as wise, sometimes cruel, clever and a bit mad.

#1: Seven Samurai; Bug’s Life does not count. I want a actual war, I want the characters, I want the scale, scope, and some length(2 hour film).
    A song from every samurai. A song from the villagers. A song from the bandits. A song from the samurai as a united group. A song about the samurai finding the hidden secret of the village