TRAILER: War of the Worlds: Goliath

ART APPRECIATION MOMENT OF THE DAY: Joe Quinones

1. Antonio Sanciolo
    June 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm — Reply

The story sounds a lot like the Indonesian film Cat-Halo reviewed a couple of weeks ago!

2. Randallw
    June 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm — Reply

Not what I was expecting. Not that it’s bad as such but I was expecting a more sci fi city, the rioters look like it’s in africa or something, and the city blocks are too spaced out.

3. June 21, 2012 at 9:54 pm — Reply

That looks TERRIBLE. Maybe it’ll be terrible in a good way?

4. matthew
    June 21, 2012 at 10:42 pm — Reply

looks better than the first,

5. Sebastian
    June 22, 2012 at 12:59 am — Reply

Do I get this right and the main part of the movie is going to be in that drug skyscraper?

• aerohalen1
      June 22, 2012 at 8:51 am — Reply

that is what it looks like.if so yawn.

• Sebastian
        June 22, 2012 at 10:09 am — Reply

don’t get me wrong i like claustrophobic settings but i think that only works for certain kinds of movies, like the ALIEN movies

6. AllenBT
    June 22, 2012 at 10:53 am — Reply

The Stallone movie certainly had its faults, but you know what…I kind of liked the costume, particularly the gold pauldron. This one looks a little too Mad Max.

• silvergray
      June 23, 2012 at 1:16 am — Reply

Agreed. Not to mention that the first one had the promise of bringing something new to the screen. Wether or not it lived up to that part is beside the point.

This trailer seems to be saying… “In a world kind of like all the other gritty worlds you have seen before, comes a plot similar to other plots you’ve seen before, in slow motion. This summer, a movie that will make you forget the gritty Punisher 2, and remember why you forgot it, even though some of you actually kind of liked it a little. “Judge Dreddd”, because 2D’s just don’t cut it any more.”

…that being said, I’ll probably see it anyway *sigh*.

7. Rob
    June 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm — Reply

Well I like it. It’s giving me a striped back high energy vibe that I think fits realy well with the source material. Also at the risk of ruining my geek cred (change is bad) they’ve made some smart choices with the design, trying to stick too closly to comicbook costumes rarely ends well.

• Lapis
      June 22, 2012 at 9:09 pm — Reply

Im with you. I cant wait to see it.

• hunterdan
      June 23, 2012 at 3:40 pm — Reply

I’m with Rob, I will pass Judgement once I’ve seen it. But YAY! no Rob Schnider!

8. b003
    June 24, 2012 at 11:47 pm — Reply

I yam da law! I’ll see it, ABC robot or not.