I will agree that shoes are a fantastic invention, but the fact that we must wear a pair to enter most businesses wears on me from time to time. But since we must wear them, we might as well throw in a little self-expression, and Reebok and Marvel would like to help with that.

On my first glancing of the title for this announcement I assumed these were going to be a slightly grownup version of the kids shoes with pictures of heroes plastered on and every shoe having the same design. Once I clicked on the link I was blown away by the designs of the different shoes.

There are 10 characters from the Marvel Universe that are lucky enough to have a shoe tailored for them: Emma Frost, Black Widow, Chamber, Deadpool, Venom, Spider-Man, Sabertooth, Wolverine, Red Skull, and Captain America. The Sabertooth design looks to be a shoe I would imagine the character actually wearing which is great. It also seems pump-up shoes are finally coming into style with Wolverine and Spider-Men lucky enough to have those additions.

If anyone at Reebok is reading, my birthday is coming up and I wear a size 12. The full line is expected to hit stores this summer.

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

TOYS: New Disney Bobble Head Line

THE MERCH: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City Get Licensing Treatment

1. June 9, 2012 at 4:32 pm — Reply

chamber??? seriously?

2. June 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm — Reply

I’m all for it, but HOW do you make a shoe on Chamber? “First my mouth is on FIRE and now my SHOES!”

3. June 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm — Reply

I’m seriously thinking that those Captain America shoes would be a good buy, but then again, I tend to lean a bit toward the Red Skull side.

• June 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm — Reply

Especially on sunny afternoons…

• June 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm — Reply

You know me too well… something I will use to my advantage over the next couple of months… or years…

• June 9, 2012 at 9:40 pm — Reply

Indeed. And I will wait for the ascendency… of JAZZ!!!

• Quiett
      June 14, 2012 at 9:48 pm — Reply

I happen to work for Adidas/Reebok at our Sports Licensing Division. If I get a chance to pick these up, you might get a pair.

4. Sniedz70
    June 15, 2012 at 8:45 am — Reply

Okay…so why do the two women’s shoes look like eighties throw backs? GAH!! or Gag. I was excited to hear about the Black Widow shoes. Now, not so much. Is there a complaint department? The rest of the line look pretty decent, and I would definitely wear the Captain America or Venom shoes. But, they definitely didn’t survey the female demographic.