Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Winter or Summer? That is the question the team must ask itself, and the choice may surprise you – it certainly did the adventurers.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_151.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TELEVISION: Munsters Relaunch Finds Its Herman

GAMING: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

1. Georgedubya
    June 9, 2012 at 11:01 am — Reply

Damnit Brian and Matthew! You managed to get not one but two songs stuck in my head in that episode…

That being said, I’m loving the interactions within the party lately. Keep up the awesome lady and gents… Wait, that doesn’t sound right. Keep up the awesome, lady and guys.

• TheNewNumber2
      June 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm — Reply

yeah, commas are important. :)

On topic, I agree with you, Critical Hit just keeps getting better and better… it always amazes me that such a thing is even possible.

• Georgedubya
        June 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Actually, the lack of comma was as actual accident.

I’d explain what the joke was supposed to be, but I’ve heard that’s a rookie mistake.

2. Locknestra
    June 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm — Reply

Best. Cliffhanger. Ever.

“You’re the one who understands…”
    “Do I?”

LOL! Great ep guys!

3. Wikiman
    June 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm — Reply

The Faaaay don’t like it.

Rock the Hogba, rock the hogba.

This was a pretty great episode. I think Trelle really has started to get more comfortable talking in the group now, and is quickly becoming a great addition to the party.

I do wonder though. Since you play these things ahead so much, is there any chance that Adriana is thinking about getting a new mic? The quality is pretty lacking in comparison to the others, even Matthew. It also has some weird audio glitches that hurt the ears sometimes.

Anyway, great episode and good going.

• June 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm — Reply

Starting next session (maybe starting at #154, I think) I will have a ~fancy~ new mic, but the one I have is not a very crappy mic, I swear, so I’m not sure if it’ll help. It might have something to do with how much I physically move when I role play (I’m so glad no one can see me when I’m recording). Also, I raise my voice a lot more than the others, that might be part of it. But mic might help!

• Wikiman
        June 9, 2012 at 5:21 pm — Reply

That’s very awesome that you’d go out of your way for that. Thanks!

4. Josh "Spaceboot" Treleaven
    June 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Very good episode. 4 slices of meatloaf, and that’s above average for Critical Hit.

I was thinking it was pretty annoying how Trelle (excellent name, by the way, my elven sister) seemed to be talking down to Torq like a child. But then I realized that that was sort of how Trelle was, and that aspect of the relationship became interesting to me. Maybe Critical Hit should’ve hung a lantern on that, but since it is an improvisational show, I’ll forgive it.

• TheNewNumber2
      June 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm — Reply

Yeah, when Trelle lets her guard down, there are very sweet moments. But overall she seems like a pretty guarded person, so her no-nonsense attitude can come off as condescension. (Which is actually something that happens to me fairly often irl.)

• June 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Being really on guard and fussing at people are not things that are necessarily unconnected <3

• Wikiman
        June 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm — Reply

It’s almost shaping up to be some kind of Younger brother-middle sister-older brother thing here with Torq, Trelle and Ket respectively. They all seem to be a bit condescending toward each other, but ultimately they have each others backs when it comes to serious stuff.

I’m really liking the dynamic so far.

5. Calleigh
    June 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm — Reply

For the first time I have become completely caught up and now have to wait for next week’s episode to find out what happens. I don’t like it. No, sir. No, I don’t.

6. Ricco
    June 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm — Reply

Hah! Loved how Trelle, the mother hen, is the 1st to forget her own guidelines.

I can just se eOrem looking at her with a raised eye brown when she picked a piece of cake and rolling his eye with a “Elves…” kind of look to his face.

• June 11, 2012 at 9:37 am — Reply

To defend her/my idiocy in this episode, this circumstances of this and her previous encounter was VERY different and the threat MUCH more obvious.

• Ricco
        June 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm — Reply

No need to defend her, heck I’ve listened and re-listened to all the podcasts and it wasn’t until Rodrigo said something that I remembered the eating bit.

Then it dawned on me, he made a big deal about elf smurf been unique and powerful = greater fey.

Rodrigo is a hawk when it comes to continuity.

7. StellarLeader
    June 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm — Reply

I got this mental picture of Trelle just about to bite a cake when suddenly she sees Orem staring at her with a raised eyebrow. Then she remembers and her face gets burning magma red and she knocks the food off Randus and Torq’s hands.
    This is definitively the best show I watch/listen right now

8. Marco
    June 13, 2012 at 5:11 pm — Reply

Great job once again lady and gentlemen! Fantastic episode!
    I love how the relationships in the party are evolving, feels mature and real. Trelle squeezing Ket’s hand was a very sweet moment. Also how Torq is treating out new party member gives me a pleasent smile. Good job Matthew for convincing the party to follow Torq’s logic :D.

It has been said again and again but I can not overstate it:
    Roleplay quality has gone up and up and up and keeps going building. Can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

9. dp8351
    June 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm — Reply

Finicky eating and baking is the new haggling… haha.

Jokes aside, all great stuff… anxiously awaiting the next episode.

10. Billy
    June 25, 2012 at 7:13 am — Reply

Torq needs to open a can of whoop ass on Trell next time.