It’s Friday, and that means new movies are in the theater. The one we have been super stoked about for the last couple of months has been Ridley Scott’s Prometheus.

A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Did you see the movie?  We want to know what you think.  Share your thoughts and ideas – your likes and dislikes – and answer that all important question, “Aliens prequel or not?”

GO!

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SDCC ’12: Monogram International Offering Marvel Eraser Set

REVIEW: Legends of the Dark Knight: The Butler Did It

1. The_Bear_Jew
    June 8, 2012 at 3:20 pm — Reply

I liked it, it had some major plot holes but overall was really damn good.

2. J_Michael_T
    June 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm — Reply

Is it an ALIEN prequel? I’m not clear on that.

3. TacoTuesday
    June 8, 2012 at 3:48 pm — Reply

Prometheus felt a lot like Lost.

The writers began creating this grand mythology that could be really awesome, they just never get around to exploring it or explaining it. In the end it was just a B or C sci-fi movie script with a big budget.

• J_Michael_T
      June 8, 2012 at 7:39 pm — Reply

Oh I so hope you are wrong, because LOST felt like a deflating blow to my midsection and I am really looking forward to this movie :(

4. hectorbustnuts
    June 8, 2012 at 4:31 pm — Reply

I’ve argued about this film with the missus for two days now. I’ve deconstructed the narrative and the themes and ideas within it. I’ve had every logical and illogical flaw pointed out…and I still can’t not love this film.

I don’t see plot holes…just ambiguities that are open to fill with my own ideas and connections. There’s a pile of footage on the cutting room floor, and I’d love to see how/if it changes the narrative in a Director’s Cut, but I love that in this day and age, a film so huge isn’t spoon-feeding the audience what to think.

I’m not saying it isn’t flawed (it is, almost entirely the fault of the script) but I can completely forgive that because whole is such a glorious experience.

5. June 8, 2012 at 9:40 pm — Reply

I loved the movie. But there were definitely times I wanted to yell out at the screen. For a bunch of scientists, they’re pretty terrible at their job. No first contact protocols, not prepared for unknown biological attack. And there’s very little scientific method to their approach – hey, why don’t we just barge in and look at all the cool stuff with no real plan how to document what we find? And don’t get me started on the differences between correlation and causation.
    But despite that, I couldn’t help but love it. In another directors hands, this could have been a boring, drawn out movie. But even the slow parts grabbed your attention and had you focused on what was going on. Very much recommend.

6. b003
    June 11, 2012 at 11:10 pm — Reply

Didn’t like the ending. Since this is for people who’ve seen it I’m gonna forgo the spoiler alerts.

That ending of “I want to ask then why?” Phfft! That payload of weaponized chest burster should have been dropped on planet baldy.
    The movie was better looking but not better written. Could have been the hype or the been there done that. But to me it was just ok.