Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: The Secret of the Lizard Wizard is revealed! Plus, an extra long episode, just for you!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_149.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TOP FIVE #021: Top Five Places We Would Like to Go

TOYS: Universal Monsters get new wave of action figures

1. GeorgeDubya
    May 29, 2012 at 8:27 am — Reply

Ahahahahaha!

Eight minutes in, and I think I’m laughing harder than Rob was. Of course, now my coworkers are even more convinced that I’m utterly insane.

2. Stackhat
    May 29, 2012 at 8:52 am — Reply

I love long episodes, and I really appreciate the frustrating effort that was put into making sure this episode went out (it kept crashing while being edited). Thanks!

3. J_Michael_T
    May 29, 2012 at 9:02 am — Reply

Two and a half hours!! Awesome.

4. Churchtastic
    May 29, 2012 at 11:38 am — Reply

Lizard Wizard! Would that be your One, Stephen? Glad to come back from vacation to find such incredible content!

• May 29, 2012 at 11:40 am — Reply

You would need to go back and listen to Dramatis Personae to find the origin of The Lizard Wizard.

• May 30, 2012 at 2:29 am — Reply

don’t listen to Stephen, it’s at the end of Graduation Day!

-Critical Hit Historian

• May 30, 2012 at 7:57 am — Reply

>:P

• May 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm — Reply

Critical Hit historian indeed. I was wondering if anyone else would bring that one up.

• May 30, 2012 at 6:56 pm — Reply

don’t listen to Stephen!

Always good advice…

-Critical Hit Jerk-storian

5. BleedBlue
    May 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm — Reply

Outstanding job by Stephen and Adriana, playing out that early conversation without breaking character. Was Adriana the only one (besides Rodrigo of course) who knew about the relationship going in to this episode, or is that something that was discussed previously off-air? Because if it was as much a surprise to Stephen as it was to the rest of us, he deserves some kind of acting award!

Trelle: “She’s my ex.”
    Orem: “Ex what?”
    ….
    T: “Well, we were a couple.”
    O: “Yeah, a couple of traveling companions, I understand that….OH!”

This interaction made me laugh as hard as I did during “Doesn’t it fall out of the treetops??”
    Loved that the Elven granola could have been cooked this whole time too – well done, all, well done!

• May 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm — Reply

Nothing was discussed with me prior to that in game revelation…

• TheNewNumber2
        May 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm — Reply

Which revelation, that Orem’s sister was/is involved with a female Elf, or that elven granola could be cooked? ;)

6. Kamper
    May 29, 2012 at 2:10 pm — Reply

I have to second George and Bleed, that was great, very well played.

7. Dan
    May 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Love this episode. I don’t want to repeat what has already been said. Though I will add as I might have before that listening to critical hit is like a audiobook. The imagery that all of you use is great. All of you make it hard to keep a straight face when I’m at work but thank god I have to drive around so much and can listen and laugh along. Keep up the good work and this is one of the reason why I donate my money to a worthy cause.

8. GWAddict
    May 29, 2012 at 11:50 pm — Reply

Fantastic!!! Thank you Stephen for perservering and getting this episode out to all of us eager listeners. The roleplaying in this one is exceptional! Randus rocks in combat and Trelle is a ‘super’ addition to the team. As always Matthew/Torq delivers the goods and Ket and Orem magic it up. You guys just keep getting better and better!

Good luck with the server move.

9. Lindsey
    May 30, 2012 at 4:54 am — Reply

I was cackling like a certifiably insane person. This really was a great way to ease the strain of the extra work caused by the Monday holiday. Thanks guys!

(PS: I’m glad that Rob is back, and Rodrigo is not turning into the next Joss Whedon by killing all the characters I love.)

10. Seani
    May 30, 2012 at 6:42 am — Reply

Is it just me or is Brian getting funnier? Oh yeah and great episode and over 2 hours makes it even better.

11. screamingfurby
    May 30, 2012 at 6:58 am — Reply

Matthew, as one of the 9 people who understand your wrestling references, every time you mention Torq doing the Shawn Michaels Kip-up, I get “Sexy Boy” stuck in my head.. and I hear it sung in the music stylings of Torq.

12. StellarLeader
    May 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm — Reply

I was in a crowded street, waiting for a friend to arrive when I heard Ket scream “it can be cooked!!??” I laughed so hard that almost everyone around me turned to see what was wrong with me… it was awesome!
    I loved every minute of this episode. Thank you so much guys!

13. Tod
    May 31, 2012 at 2:38 pm — Reply

Just a reminder to the Matthew/Torq: Now that you are paragon tier, crits with your axe will add 2[W].

14. gammafighter
    May 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm — Reply

I can’t believe Randus used the word “pop-o-matic” outside of the the board game Trouble. That’s amazing.

15. Marco
    May 31, 2012 at 4:59 pm — Reply

Fantasti Episode. You guys get better and better at roleplaying, Stephen and Adriana scene was Amazing. I laughed all episode. Expecially at Orem’s reaction to Trelle revelation and Ket’s laughter.
    Also Randus gets to be more and more awesome in combat! Becoming a robot did wonders to his career :D.

16. Jay
    February 7, 2013 at 8:35 am — Reply

I had to come to the site to say what everyone else is saying… I was cracking up in my car on the way to work this morning at “ex what?” and “a couple of traveling companions…” Thank you, all of you, for starting my day with the best laugh I’ve had in a long time.

17. TerryLee
    May 31, 2017 at 12:34 pm — Reply

I think this is one of the best episodes that I have listened to so far. Rodrigo is still one of my favorite DM’s as he is such a fantastic storyteller; and the interactions between everyone is also equally fantastic! The revelation, as everyone here stated, was pretty hilarious!!! I do have a question about Adriana; is she tuning in via Skype as with Matthew?

• TerryLee
      June 5, 2017 at 4:34 pm — Reply

Nevermind. I found out in the succeeding episodes.