As DC continues its New 52 reboot, and Earth-2 is coming on line, there is the potential to have multiple characters running around with the same name.  Blue Beetle is one of those characters that has fractured fans across the ages – some prefer the Golden Age, others Ted Kord, while still others prefer Jamie Reyes.

Which Blue Beetle do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Northstar proposes to his boyfriend in Astonishing X-Men #50

REVIEW: Blue Beetle #9

1. James Winston
    May 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm — Reply

Gotta go with Ted. He once proved he’s as good as the Bat in a fight. Not to mention he was on one of the kids tv shows on the local PBS as I was growning up.Dan was my dads Beetle and Jaime is my sons, but Ted….he’s all mine.

2. Rui, aka Ariamus
    May 22, 2012 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I picked Ted because that’s the only one I’ve ever “read”…

3. May 22, 2012 at 12:39 pm — Reply

Ted Kord will always be my Beetle. I entered comics-reading with the Justice League International, and Ted’s death in Countdown to Infinite Crisis consistently makes me tear up.

Also Ted’s costume is the coolest of the three.

4. JoeM
    May 22, 2012 at 12:45 pm — Reply

Ted for me. I was introduced to him in Crisis on Infinite Earths. So he’s the first Blue Beetle I knew.
    But hey, I like them all. I just prefer Ted.

5. Alexander D.
    May 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm — Reply

I’m going with Dan because the majority of Blue Beetle media I have listened to is the Radio Show. I loved it, and it has colored my views of the other Blue Beetles.

6. J. R. Scherer
    May 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I enjoyed Ted Kord along with Booster Gold back in the Giffen/Maguire days, but I have to say that I do really prefer the new Blue Beetle overall.

7. May 22, 2012 at 1:39 pm — Reply

Jaime hands down! His interaction with the scarab is amazing!

8. J. Paul
    May 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm — Reply

I chose Ted, but would have gone with Jaime pre-New 52.

9. Marco
    May 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm — Reply

I go with Jaime Reyes, mainly because his armor is way cooler thant the others. Still new to DC, I don’t have enough knowledge of Ted and Dan to route for them.

10. Frank
    May 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm — Reply

I am mixed on this one. On one hand, I have only read Ted when when he was in the JLI. On the other, Jamie is what we see on the different DC related animated shows. Toss up for me.

11. Slappy
    May 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm — Reply

Ted is for me.
    The only Dan that I read was as a mentor to Ted or back from the dead.
    Jaime was mostly on TV and I am certain one day he will grow on me.
    The JLI was a wonderful team and before Solo Ted was pretty keen.
    I am sorry he was killed by Lord and miss his teaming with Gold
    Ted is for me.

12. May 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm — Reply

Since Jaime Reyes is the only one I’ve read in comics and seen on Brave and the Bold, this was an easy pick!

13. May 22, 2012 at 6:26 pm — Reply

I have read a plethora of both Ted & Jaime, love them both dearly. However at the end of the day, Jaime is MY Spider-Man, and I gotta go with my heart (DCNU not withstanding).

14. May 22, 2012 at 6:44 pm — Reply

This was hard. I love Ted Kord, as he’s the one I came to know first in the late 80’s/early 90’s. However, I voted for Jamie because I really liked how his story developed and still incorporated past Blue Beetle lore while taking a new path.

15. Antonio Sanciolo
    May 22, 2012 at 6:53 pm — Reply

If there was a button for both Ted and Jaime I would have chosen that.

As Jaime still has so much of his potential to live up to, I went with Ted Kord. Hopefully one day Jaime can be imbued with the same amount of character and charm as Kord has been by the likes of Giffen/DeMatteis et al.

16. May 23, 2012 at 4:32 am — Reply

Ted’s nice and all, but unless he’s with Booster, doesn’t do a lot for me.
    Jamie is more rich and interesting character with more compelling stories.

17. Dawnell_do
    May 23, 2012 at 6:39 am — Reply

Okay way does everybody like Ted Kord so much? He’s done nothing imported and isn’t very interesting, Jaime Reyes is a much better Beetle and is becoming more popular.

• May 23, 2012 at 8:55 am — Reply

Well, part of it is that Ted was part of the Crisis On Infinite Earths, he was a key player in Legends, he had his own series for a couple of years, then played support roles in Justice League, Birds of Prey and across the DCU, all the while getting no respect and not expecting any. Ted’s heroic sacrifice is what triggered the heroes to find out about the conspiracy at the heart of Infinite Crisis (which wasn’t a bad tale in many ways) and there’s also his actual Silver Age adventures as drawn by Steve Ditko. In short? People like Ted Kord because “Important” and “Interesting” are in the eye of the beholder…

18. DrNobody
    May 24, 2012 at 11:34 pm — Reply

Unfair poll!! I actually like Jaime and Ted equally.. I see potential for both characters for us in the DCU… But time will tell whether Ted’s death is still in continuity or not… Dan really hasn’t been used much at all (by DC) except for flashbacks from what I understand….