As The Highlander preps for a major franchise reboot, the studios are searching high and low for an actor for the title role.  They may have found it in Ryan Reynolds.

According to Variety, the actor is in talks with Lionsgate-Summit to play the character Christopher Lambert made famous.  It isn’t clear at this time if the role has been offered, but it looks like Reynolds is interested in playing the part.

Highlander is being directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, with Neal Moritz and Peter David producing.

via Variety

TEASER: Mark Waid to take on The Avengers (but not THOSE Avengers)

SNEAK PEEK: Brave - Fergus shares a legend

1. JacinB
    May 21, 2012 at 9:34 am — Reply

I’m going to go ahead and say what I’m sure no one else is willing to: I’ll withhold judgment till I see it.

2. Amanda
    May 21, 2012 at 9:55 am — Reply

In the words of Shia Labeouf “No, no no no no no”

3. N
    May 21, 2012 at 11:10 am — Reply

Why not? Sure he’s not Hal Jordan or Conner McLeod but Reynolds is due for a signature series. I’m still upset that Dynamite pretty much cancelled any more Highlander comics. Yes, I’m an actual Highlander fan.

4. TaZ
    May 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm — Reply

I would rather see him in Deadpool. The Highlander needs a real Scotsman. It’s just not the same without the accent.

5. Ricco
    May 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm — Reply

I don’t care as long as they fin someone who can actually wield a sword and use more then the crappy theater technique that every other movie uses…

6. Jason
    May 21, 2012 at 11:32 pm — Reply

Reynolds is too much of a pretty boy for the role. I agree he would do well in Deadpool. There isn’t much I have seen him in that I can say I enjoyed. Not against Reynolds per se, but his roles haven’t been that great.

Having just seen Avengers a couple of times, I could see Jeremy Renner in the MacLeod role.

7. Mike
    May 22, 2012 at 1:41 am — Reply

Reynolds doesn’t have the right kind of thing for the role, IMO. I can just see him shooting out some of that cynical “Waiting” humor and sarcasm and ruining the whole feel of mystique. Lambert was just the right amount of badass with that little bit of snide humor to make it work. I’m worried Reynolds will take it too far.

Also, if it ain’t broke, don’t friggin’ fix it, Hollywood, you moronic jackholes! No remake needed or wanted, but that’s personal opinion, I suppose…

8. Arbor Day
    May 22, 2012 at 2:54 am — Reply

I don’t see it.

However, if the info got jumbled somewhere along the way, I think, maybe he could play the Kurgan.