Image Comics is crossing the Atlantic to attend Kapow Comic Convention on May 19 and 20 in London, marking the first time the independent comic book publisher has exhibited at a European event.
“With so many of Image’s creators hailing from the UK and our readership expanding in international markets, Kapow is a great opportunity to support those creators and that growth,” said Image Publisher Eric Stephenson, who is a special guest of the convention. “London’s one of the greatest cities in the world, and Kapow has quickly established itself as the UK’s premiere comics show, so what’s not to love?”
Taking place in the London Business Design Center, Kapow will also feature several Image creators as special guests:
- Charlie Adlard (THE WALKING DEAD)
- Kieron Gillen (PHONOGRAM)
- Paul Grist (MUDMAN)
- David Hine and Shaky Kane (THE BULLETPROOF COFFIN)
- Mark Millar and Frank Quitely (JUPITER’S CHILDREN)
- Sean Phillips (FATALE)
- Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch (AMERICA’S GOT POWERS)
- Scott Snyder (SEVERED)
- Nick Spencer (MORNING GLORIES, THIEF OF THIEVES)
A timetable of signings by special guests is available at the Kapow website.
Stephenson will be moderating one of three Image-related panels, “Image Superstars.” Charlie Adlard, Sean Phillips, David Hine, Shaky Kane, and Paul Grist will talk about their current Image titles and upcoming projects. The panel takes place on Saturday, May 19 at 12 p.m. in the Gallery Hall.
Also on Saturday is the Millarworld panel, which will include enticing discussion of Mark Millar’s and Frank Quitely’s upcoming Image series JUPITER’S CHILDREN. It takes place at 4:15 p.m. in the Gallery Hall.
In the “Image Megastars” panel on Sunday at 10:30 a.m., TV personality and comics writer Jonathan Ross and acclaimed artist Bryan Hitch will talk about their hit comics series AMERICA’S GOT POWERS, and Nick Spencer will give the latest on Robert Kirkman’s THIEF OF THIEVES, the comic series he writes and that has recently been optioned as a TV show by AMC. This panel is also in the Gallery Hall.
On Saturday evening, winners of the Stan Lee awards will be announced in a ceremony at the convention hall. Several Image creators and titles are up for awards:
- Best Writer — Scott Snyder (SEVERED)
- Best Trade — WHO IS JAKE ELLIS by Nathan Edmondson and Tonci Zonjic and THE WALKING DEAD Volume 14: No Way Out by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard
- Best Newcomer — Justin Jordan and Tradd Moore (THE STRANGE TALENT OF LUTHER STRODE)
- Best Publisher — Image Comics
- Man or Woman of the Year — Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD, INVINCIBLE, THIEF OF THIEVES) and Scott Snyder (SEVERED)
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has five partners: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri and Jim Valentino. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline, Skybound and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.