One of the great things about Major Spoilers is seeing the latest and greatest toys, souvenirs and “moichendising” related to our shared obsessions, and thinking about how I wish *I* had a dad like Stephen growing up.   (‘Course, he probably wouldn’t let me play with the really good toys, either.)  Even my youthful envy of the kid who got the USS Flagg aircraft carrier doesn’t quite match the awesome of Lego Avengers or my very own Green Ranger hoodie.

This morning’s MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) stems almost entirely from jealousy of the kids today:  What one bit of secondary merchandise do you most wish they made (or, alternately, wish you could actually AFFORD?)

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

THE MERCH: Princess Leia Hoodie

VIDEO: Disassembled

1. Frank
    May 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm — Reply

A Lego 2nd Death Star that is about 5 feet in diameter with a LED lit Turbo Laser and interior lighting.

2. Oldcomicfan
    May 12, 2012 at 4:17 pm — Reply

There is a fellow building full sized reproductions of the Robot from Lost in Space. Wish I could afford one.
    There is another fellow building functioning, full sized licensed replicas of the 60s Batman TV show Batmobile. Wish I could afford one of those, too.
    I wish they could make a working copy of the Rocketeer’s rocket pack, while we’re being completely unrealistic.

3. May 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm — Reply

My tied for first place wishlist items are:

– Green Lantern Corps style full size Power Battery Prop (I’ve never really had the cash to spare to justify getting one). Although I’d be equally pleased with any of them, the Corps style is my most preferred.

– Dekaranger uniform style hoodie. Not based on the Ranger costume, but the uniforms they wear. I have a homemade uniform costume, but I’d love a hoodie or even a proper jacket done in the same style as the show uniforms. Although someone claimed the makers of the Ranger hoodies did the SPD uniforms as hoodies, so I’d be happy with one of those.

– Life-size remote control Dalek.

4. foolsmask
    May 12, 2012 at 7:13 pm — Reply

I was going to say something else, but now I changed my mind to a life size Dalek…that i can ride around in.

5. May 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm — Reply

I’m still torn between decent action figures from Disney’s ‘The Black Hole’ or a set of Battle Of The Planets/Science Ninja Team Gatchaman figures with God Phoenix vehicle playset…

6. B.V.K.
    May 12, 2012 at 8:53 pm — Reply

They make a full size movie replica of the Pulse Rifle from Aliens that uses real pieces from a Thompson machine gun and a 12-gauge shotgun. It also has the LED bullet counter on the side. Think it runs about 1,200, but I could never justify spending that much on a prop.

7. May 12, 2012 at 9:38 pm — Reply

I wish I could afford it all. As a kid I never had that many toys. Lego, a few Star Wars figures and that was it.

8. Dan
    May 13, 2012 at 7:55 am — Reply

For me it would have to be the complete original run of transformers or M.A.S.K. toys. I had an Optimism prime with the trailer as a kid but as with most of those kinds of toys from our youth little brothers (or sisters) happen.

9. May 13, 2012 at 10:05 am — Reply

i’d like life size Guyver armour, even thought i’d wear it once and fall over probably killing myself, but what a way to go out.