Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Sometimes you eat the radish… sometimes it wants to eat you… and your friends. FIGHT!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_147.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Have you purchased your Critical Hit T-Shirt? Order one today!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

VIDEO: Spoilers

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Yard Sale Vintage Edition

1. Georgedubya
    May 12, 2012 at 10:23 pm — Reply

Bad Brian! Don’t make George think about his RWJ when he’s listening to Critical Hit. I listen to you guys to distract me from my Department of Child Services career.

Other than that, I loved the episode and I loved that Randus came off as quite the linchpin. Between the multiple attacks hitting due to his +1’s and his kills, it was quite enjoyable.

2. Aspiring Spambot
    May 13, 2012 at 12:14 am — Reply

Wait, a hunter? Is Trelle an Essentials ranger? That would make her the only essentials line character in the roster, wouldn’t it?

• May 13, 2012 at 1:09 am — Reply

I believe the essentials ranger is the “scout,” The hunter comes from Martial Power 2, I think.

• Aspiring Spambot
        May 13, 2012 at 10:49 am — Reply

Ah. There’s a “hunter” ranger in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms as well. It’s the ranged-focused, more mystical build in contrast to the scout’s dual-wielding, probably-a-sad-drow build.

• May 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm — Reply

Ah, is that the controller ranger? I try to pretend that one doesn’t exist

• Aspiring Spambot
            May 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm — Reply

You’re probably thinking of the seeker from PHB3. I hear a lot of negative things about them, but I’ve never played one myself. The essentials hunter does seem to have a handful of powers designed to trip up opponents by knocking them prone or creating difficult terrain.

• May 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm — Reply

Nope. Two separate things.

The essentials hunter ranger is a controller.

it channels primal magic through arrows to hinder its enemies. The reason why it often gets confused with the seeker is because the seeker is a controller who channels primal magic through arrows to hinder their enemies.

Yes. Confusing. Unnecessary. Essentials.

3. Lindsey
    May 13, 2012 at 2:19 pm — Reply

I agree! Randus totally came off as a total stud this fight! Good job, guys!

4. Fin Azvandi
    May 13, 2012 at 11:26 pm — Reply

Wow, between the abnormally decent dice rolls, new powers, and clutch use of the healing/leader bonuses Randus was an honest-to-god superhero in this episode! Trelle isn’t the only one staring in disbelief…great episode all around.

• Georgedubya
      May 14, 2012 at 7:53 am — Reply

Well, she is staring in disbelief, but hers stems from the fact that he’s a weird robot man with a robotic crab that keeps jabbing her with needles.

5. April 10, 2013 at 8:26 am — Reply

I’ll admit it, I was worried about the girl. But she’s rapidly winning me over. She’s smart, she’s funny, and she can play.

She’s focusing the party and making the roleplaying a little deeper. And the Ranger makes for a nice change from the heavy arcane stuff.

Curious to see how it all worked out.