You might have heard a little bit about this new “Avengers” movie, and a few of the interesting reveals set up therein.  Without giving too much away, Loki’s army of Chitauri foot-soldiers implies the potential existence of at least part of Marvel’s cosmic reality, and coupled with implications of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie project, the possibilities of Nova, The Silver Surfer, or even a Kree-Skrull war film dance like sugarplums in my big rubbery head.

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) is thusly expressed:  Which of Marvel’s space-faring characters do you MOST want to see on the big screen?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

VARIANT COVER: Before Watchmen

SNEAK PEEK: Invincible Iron Man #518

1. May 10, 2012 at 11:58 am — Reply

Adam Warlock I guess would be a win as long as he gets some of his side characters and they go the mystery route around him.. I doubt we’ll get a Surfer film as I believe those rights are currently elsewhere.. Nova.. Captain Marvel… Quasar.. Draxx.. there’s a ton of options they can go with specially with a certain purple titan’s involvement…

2. Russ Catt
    May 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm — Reply

I say go big or go home.
    If the Infinity Gauntlet is possibly in play for the next Avenger’s movie then I’d like to see Eternity make an appearance.

3. May 10, 2012 at 12:29 pm — Reply

I want that one space guy that does all those space things, and goes ZOOOOOM! You know the one, that guy, with the blasty powers… the one that is hated by his enemies… THAT GUY!

• May 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm — Reply

That guy is okay, but I much prefer that other guy.

• KevinPBreen
      May 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm — Reply

Buzz Lightyear then?

• May 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm — Reply

DJ Ad Rock?

4. KVH
    May 10, 2012 at 12:51 pm — Reply

I am guessing that with DC Comics resigned to rename Billy Batson Shazam and with the Skrull in the movie I could agree with the Skrull Kree War and the appearance of Captain Mar-Vell (Marvel). Assigned to protect earth and landing in Florida where he is betrayed and in an attempt to kill him a human is killed. The human looks remarkably like Mar-Vell and so he assumes his identity and protects humanity. He is wearing his military uniform when he saves the day and then gets deemed a super hero, eventually he gets semi-phenomenal nearly cosmic power. Could make for a good movie.

• May 10, 2012 at 10:25 pm — Reply

The mid-credit teaser was Thanos not a Skrull.

• KevinPBreen
        May 11, 2012 at 12:21 am — Reply

See my earlier post. PLEASE don’t give things like this away for people who haven’t seen the movie yet.. And Loki’s army were the Skrulls, albeit an Ultimate version.

5. Lee Smith (SawHat on BGG)
    May 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm — Reply

I’m going to go in the opposite space-direction and say “Micronauts”. I loved the Micornauts, it was the first series (I think) that I was able to get on-board with from issue one and followed it all the way through to the end of the second series and loved every moment of them. I am a sucker for any story that has Bug in it (i.e. the new Guardians of the Galaxy) and would be first in line to see Rann and Acroyear fighting Baron Karza.

6. Slimeknight
    May 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm — Reply

I would want to see the guardians of the galaxy (starlord first version) really just to see rocket and groot. I AM GROOT!

7. May 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm — Reply

Adam Warlock….

8. Lapis
    May 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm — Reply

They were on the new avengers cartoon and it was pretty good. Loved when hulk ripped off Kroots head and the head was still saying “I am Kroot”

9. foolsmask
    May 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm — Reply

How about Corsair and the Starjammers. Pirates in space is always good.

10. KevinPBreen
    May 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm — Reply

“Without giving too much away” THANK you! IO9 saw fit to reveal who appears in the closing credits in AVENGERS, and the Village Voice felt it wasn’t a spoiler to reveal the ending of CABIN IN THE WOODS in the first sentence of their review – which appeared on my local showtimes page when I didn’t even ask for it. Appreciate your withholding the spoiler for at least a week after the movie opened. Major Spoilers has now become my default site for news items.

• May 10, 2012 at 10:31 pm — Reply

I think more sites need to use some kind of a spoiler script (aka: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-spoiler/) that will hide a spoiler so if you are the type of person who has no self control and NEEDS to know they can still break it in a story…. but it’s hidden so people like us who want to see it first hand but still read news can choose to not click it and get the rest of the article :)

11. alvarlux
    May 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm — Reply

I’d be interested to see them do a Adam Warlock/Magus movie – where the identity isn’t revealed till the end and you can have a noble sacrifice – allowing a “cocoon” to appear in the next Avengers movie mysteriously

I’m hoping they add Beta Ray bill in Thor 2 – allowing him to be a Guardian, thus linking those universes

Nova may be a bit too Green Lantern for Marvel to include unfortunately – and i doubt they’d include any skrull or Kree until those races can get introduced better.

Draxx would NEED to be in the movie – maybe it could start with him and his daughter getting transformed? I hope they go the new knife wielding bad ass version and not the dopey original.

• May 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm — Reply

LOVE the Beta Ray Bill idea! Even if it’s just a brief cameo and not fully worked in

12. Roy Batty
    May 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm — Reply

ETERNALS – Think of think of the possibilities; Space based Titan Etrnls & Earth based Olympian Etrnls – the coming of the Celestials, the Aztec/Mayan connection – the Uni-Mind, the Deviants…with an awesome, well researched/paced script it could be like 2001/2010 meets Aliens x Highlander.

Nuff Said! (mighty Stan, forgive me for using the sacred words).

13. The_Bear_Jew
    May 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm — Reply

Nova!

14. Gibralter
    May 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm — Reply

ROM: Space Knight!

15. May 10, 2012 at 11:07 pm — Reply

I’d love to see the Richard Rider Nova, but seeing as how the new Sam Alexander Nova is all the rage these days, I’d settle for Rocket Raccoon or Drax the Destroyer!

• Ryan
      May 11, 2012 at 4:44 am — Reply

Well after this weeks Avengers Assemble, there’s a good chance we may be seeing the return of Richard.

16. Dan Hunter
    May 10, 2012 at 11:58 pm — Reply

Machine Man nuff said

17. Space Cadet Juan
    May 11, 2012 at 3:48 am — Reply

They’d be nuts not to do a Captain Marvel movie– I mean, the guy’s got the company’s name right in the title.

18. andreas
    May 11, 2012 at 3:56 am — Reply

Thanos -all the way.
    That guy could soo kick Darkseids @

19. Ryan
    May 11, 2012 at 4:43 am — Reply

Richard Rider. The one and only Nova.

20. b003
    May 14, 2012 at 9:47 pm — Reply

I’d like to see them go up against the Universal Church of Truth.

@Dan. I think machine Man would be a good anime, or weekly tv series..