With the success and popularity of comic books and old(er) pop culture memories getting the movie treatment, we wonder what obscure ’80s characters would more people be interested in seeing as a movie?

What '80s property would you most like to see turned into a major motion picture?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: Howard Lovecraft and the Undersea Kingdom

TOYS: Avengers movie Minimates arrive this week

1. May 9, 2012 at 9:44 am — Reply

A Jem movie would be truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

• Drew
      May 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm — Reply

That this even a question is truly outrageous.

And I will still be rooting for the Misfits to put that corporate fat-cat in her place!

2. JoeM
    May 9, 2012 at 9:55 am — Reply

To be honest I don’t remember either of these, so I picked purely based on the picture. And since I’m a boy, Atari Force looked better.

3. Frank
    May 9, 2012 at 9:58 am — Reply

None of the above, please.

4. James Winston
    May 9, 2012 at 10:09 am — Reply

I remember both and being a guy i liked Gem. Lets face it these were 80’s women. Bright colors and sexy, win win.

5. May 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm — Reply

I honestly think Jem could do well as a movie, if given the right production team and just the right people are cast.

They just need to make sure Kimber is the cutest one.

6. Russ Catt
    May 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm — Reply

i would like to see a Jem movie more to see the Misfits rather than the Holograms.
    Particularly the sassy Jetta with her British accent and her cool black-lacquered tenor sax.

7. Ricco
    May 9, 2012 at 4:34 pm — Reply

Never even heard of Atari Force and all I know about Gem comes from Robot Chicken, so Atari Force :)

8. Felix from Oslo
    May 10, 2012 at 5:44 am — Reply

Well, seeing as Jem and the Doctor seem to get along so swimmingly and I am a great fan of Doctor Who I went with Jem.

(Don’t belive they met? Well head on over to Rich’s Comixblog and check out his “Outrage of the Zygons”-story: