Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Three become four as the party is sent on a quest to bring order to the Feywild!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_145.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #405: It's a Statement?

TOYS: Mattel shows off San Diego Comic Con toys

1. The Great NateO
    April 28, 2012 at 9:39 am — Reply

BOOM, that was just my mind being blown, at least I hope it was my mind. Great show this week, and awesome addition to the show.

It may be me but, I do not trust the professor he is not telling the group the whole story. Also were will all that energy go after it get taken away for the Lord of the Feywild?

• Orillion
      April 28, 2012 at 9:55 am — Reply

While, no, I don’t think they have the whole story (Obviuosly there must be room for plot development) Althern tells them that essentially they’re draining the excess magic out of the Lords and back into the fabric of the land itself.

• April 28, 2012 at 4:38 pm — Reply

… who and why summoned Orem to the Feywild???

2. Praion
    April 28, 2012 at 9:44 am — Reply

Tyrellié is an elven Ranger yes?

Way better episode then 4.01, now i am stocked to see what will happen. Everyone after a MacGuffin again.

• TheNewNumber2
      April 28, 2012 at 9:50 am — Reply

Trelle. …and so it begins. Speaking of which, I think she’s possibly even more socially awkward than Orem. Speaking of our Eladrin-type friend, I so wanted to give Orem a big hug when he was in the Library.

3. Aspiring Spambot
    April 28, 2012 at 11:17 am — Reply

This episode feels so much longer than it really is just because it’s so packed with stuff. It should be fun seeing how someone who plays White Wolf stuff portrays the deepest corners of the Feywild. Madness ahoy!

4. Lindsey
    April 28, 2012 at 11:35 am — Reply

I have to admit I teared up a bit for Orem.

I also really love that Torq isn’t really the “talky” guy, but he’s still the one coming up with the really meaningful things to say at the right moments.

And yay for another girl gamer! Very excited to get to know Trelle! Maybe we can have some romantic scenes now? *wink wink, nudge nudge* I’m just kidding, but you guys keep me coming back every week, I’m really looking forward to more!

• April 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm — Reply

According to the character sheet, Torq is 65% wiser than he is articulate. It’s a fact!! :)

5. Alexander
    April 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Now Smith’s statue can be defended by death-shrubs!

6. chrisblue77
    April 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm — Reply

I keep wanting to call her Terl, I did not think she wanted to play with man animals?

7. Andante
    April 28, 2012 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Wow, another fantastic show! Welcome aboard Trëellêé! You make everyone else sound like they have flat robot voices!

8. April 28, 2012 at 4:26 pm — Reply

Boom! There goes the best show on earth and just crush all the competition.
    Welcome to Adrieaena :)

Always cool when Torq is the wise old orc.

5 out of 5 stars

9. Ian
    April 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm — Reply

How did NO ONE make a devil’s avocado joke when Rodrigo brought that up!? Otherwise, fantastic episode, didn’t expect the introduction of another party member. What’s her name, Trayl? Tryll?

• Praion
      April 28, 2012 at 9:03 pm — Reply

Thrêl

10. Gehrigan
    April 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm — Reply

Great episode fellas. My heart goes out to Orem, my favourite emotionally retarded Eladrin. Let us hope that he gets the chance to have more moments with his parents. Fantastic to see a new addition to the table, especially an Elf, let’s keep Orem rethinking his prejudices.

Love your work Rodrigo. I must say that I wasn’t too enthused about a story set in the Feywild but you have sold me on it.

regards G

11. April 28, 2012 at 11:07 pm — Reply

OREM: Thank… thankyou, Torq. Thankyou very much. Excuse me, there’s got to be some dust… the stacks have not been disturbed in two years; the dust is… I’m sorry, it’s in my eye.

TORQ: Since you wuz already cryin’ that prob’ly made it worse.

Perfect.

12. Marco
    April 29, 2012 at 7:17 am — Reply

Welcome aboard Adriana! I’m loving already Trelle, it’s good to have a new point of view in the party especially from an elf.
    A very deep episode, almost chopped onions with Torq and Orem interaction in the library. Good job also from Rodrigo, from your description you can feel vividly things went really wrong in the Fey Wild!

13. dp8351
    April 29, 2012 at 8:51 am — Reply

Things are starting to take shape. Interesting addition with a new party member, especially one Orem is inclined to hate. Still, his world has been turned upside down and I bet he’ll take any help he can get.

Is Trelle’s involvement going to be quick, are we going to have 5 players or is Rob going to be doing a series of side stories where he plunders for Asmodeus?

Lastly, hopefully Trelle’s fascination with Randus’ arm hasn’t made her pick up his rolling habits!

14. April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am — Reply

*gasp*!
    A guh-guh-guh-guh-guh-GIRL!

• Aspiring Spambot
      April 29, 2012 at 8:38 pm — Reply

I know. She came in so abruptly I feel like we’ve run into another time hiccup.

Ooh! There’s an interesting plot twist. Maybe somewhere down the line, Randus’s time fumble created the chain of events that led to Trowel’s birth.

• Adriana
        May 1, 2012 at 12:04 am — Reply

ok, Trowel is officially my favorite corruption of her name. I declare a winner.

15. Mark
    April 29, 2012 at 7:28 pm — Reply

This episode hooked me on the season. I know I’ll be in the minority but I’ll go ahead and say it…this 4 > the usual party.

16. TorontoFrog
    April 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm — Reply

Hiya MS Crew. I’m still listening but I don’t have lot of time to comment anymore, having reproduced myself twice at the same time. I just want to say that this episode is a testimony to how good you have become as a role player Stephen. You obviously have a background at voice acting. I’m really impressed by your progress since you started to play 2 years ago. Keep up the good work.

Also, awesome job Adriana. It’s not easy to join a game already in progress. And it’s not easy to play remotely as well!

Can’t wait for next week.

17. Ron
    April 29, 2012 at 9:50 pm — Reply

(Toungue firmly in cheek) Well I ‘was’ enjoying the thinly veiled homoeroticism of this podcasts which you guys have seen fit to RUIN! I expect ALOT of Tork, Torq or even Torque jumping out of alot of windows to make up for this you guys. I expect non-stop axe swinging, spell casting action to make up for this. AND no cloaks over puddles or any of that gallant stuff!.

Harumph!

ttfn and hugs!

Ron

18. StellarLeader
    April 30, 2012 at 10:34 am — Reply

I heard Rodrigo say “Adriana” and I was “wait! what? Adriana who? Was she there all along? What???”
    So, once again, you blew my mind.
    Such a welcome addition to the group! Trelle sounds promising. An elf guiding Orem through the Feywild? That’s even more daring than Legolas going underground before Gimli! And Adriana has a very sweet voice.
    I hope Rob joins the fun soon (hopefully in his Ket persona).

Great show guys!

19. Sydness
    May 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I started this episode hoping to hear Rob joining in, only to eventually hear some lady join in with the guys. Being really bad at adjusting to change I have to admit I didn’t like this at first, but listening to her playing up the elven intensity was winning me over by the end of the episode.
    I still miss Rob, but I remain very interested and cannot wait to see how things with “Trowel” move forward. Thank you.

20. Russ Catt
    May 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm — Reply

Wow, really good episode. I can’t wait to see how this develops.

On the technical side of things, were there any additional challenges bringing in an extra remote player into the game? I didn’t really notice any gratuitous lag issues but perhaps Stephen’s editing skills are top-notch.

Thanks again and I can’t wait for the weekend.

21. Zachary Mamis
    May 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm — Reply

I hope Rob comes in as Smith the Autumn / Winter King

22. Orillion
    May 4, 2012 at 11:19 pm — Reply

I’m (im)patiently waiting for the next episode. PLEASE. I MUST HAVE MOAR!

*F5*
    *F5*
    *F5*
    *F5*

But seriously, awesome job guys :)

23. Adrianna
    July 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm — Reply

Just wanted to say that this podcast is amazing, and while it is very disconcerting hearing not only a female voice in these latest Pods of Casting–but my own name, I already like Trelle and am looking forward to all of Season 4!!!!