This week, we’re keeping it simple… kinda… We know that you love comics, and we do, too, but we also love toys, and our Nerd Rooms of Doom are littered (quite literally) with action figures of all shapes and sizes.  Which got us to wondering, of the two big toy companies, which company do you have more toys from, and why?

What company do you own more toys from?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Staff Picks for April 25, 2012

1. The Great NateO
    April 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm — Reply

I went with Hasbro, of the decades I been alive Hasbro been the one, Transformers, GI Joe, Play-Doh, and My Litter Pony (for my daughter) and so on. They even have better board games, I even find now with having kids I pick up more Hasbro then Mattel.

2. Lee Smith (SawHat on BGG)
    April 24, 2012 at 1:40 pm — Reply

Had to go with Hasborg. I have a huge board game collection and the way Hasbro has been assimulating smaller game companies, I’m sure I own more from them than Matel.

Here’s a suggestion for your game night: Risk Legacy. This game is awesome. It’s Risk on steroids and things actually change from one game to the next. Stuff you do in one game will come back to bite your butt in a later game. Get a group of five people commited to playing all 15 games in the campaign and meet once a fortnight for dinner and this and I gaurantee you will have a great time.

• April 24, 2012 at 9:09 pm — Reply

I loved your “HasBorg” comment. They seem to own every toy company now…

3. Xaxelbrax
    April 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm — Reply

Hasbro via my Mr. Potato Head collection.

4. James Winston
    April 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm — Reply

I own about a bazillion Hot Wheels cars. So Mattel got my money.

5. April 24, 2012 at 3:22 pm — Reply

I went Hasbro for 2 reasons: G.I.Joe and D&D.

That’s all I need.

Wait, do they still own Atari. If so, that’s 3 reasons.

6. Jamba the Hutt
    April 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm — Reply

What no Kenner or Toy Biz? I picked Mattel due to my childhood. Not your childhood, MINE!

7. April 24, 2012 at 3:49 pm — Reply

I’m going Hasbro on this one : Transformers, Play-Doh, GI Joe. Those are a few of my favorite childhood memories. And mind you, I’m belgian; those products always seemed weirdly alien next to my traditional toys made of felt and fine cheeses.
    As someone must have said at some point in the entire life of this here planet : “Hasbro, will travel”. (Sorry, I’m running out of awesomely bad puns.)

8. April 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm — Reply

I had to vote Hasbro, because they produce Star Wars toys, having bought the rights off Kenner Toys in the early 90’s.

9. April 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm — Reply

10. April 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm — Reply

Didn’t Hasbro buy Mattel yet? :-)

11. April 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm — Reply

Between my collections of Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, DC and Marvel Superheroes (from the lines they released) and others, it’s definitely Hasbro hands down.

I do have offerings from a number of other companies (including many from Bandai Japan because I’m a Super Sentai geek), but Hasbro dominates my collections.

12. April 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm — Reply

I’m an avid collector of board games from the 40’s to now, at one point having over 250. Thinking back, I’d have to say about 90% were either Hasbro or a Hasbro purchased company. Then I’d have to count all the old Transformers and GI joes I had growing up and those cool electronic pocket games like “football” and such. Hasbro wins hands down so much, I think the Government should look into the possible anti-trust laws violation monopoly they hold on Boys toys. If I was a girl, I’d probably would have instead said, Mattel, as they seem to hold the top for “girl-centric” toys like Barbie and assorted dolls…

13. Georgedubya
    April 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm — Reply

I’ve got to go with Hasbro here. They just put out more toys that I was interested in as a child/youth.