Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Season Four Begins! Orem returns to the Feywild.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_144.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #403: You've got The Doctor in my doctor show

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Mendeleev Wuz Here Edition

1. Fetheal
    April 21, 2012 at 9:47 am — Reply

I loved this episode. Rodrigo’s description was aptly unsettling, the plants, the state of the feywild and the Cerulean Academy. Can’t wait for future episodes and I’m really looking forward to figuring out what has happened to Ket.

• Will
      April 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Don’t forget…Ket went “home.”

• CxOrillion
        April 21, 2012 at 10:57 pm — Reply

well

• CxOrillion
          April 21, 2012 at 10:59 pm — Reply

If you remember, when Ket asked his imp where they were, it was the imp who said “home”.

• Billy
            April 22, 2012 at 8:54 pm — Reply

Hopefully, he’s gone for good.

2. Jared
    April 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm — Reply

A tear went down my eye when Rodrigo said That Brenzen, Ket, and BBB were on the ship that went down, The Storm Tamer.

• litanyofthieves
      April 22, 2012 at 1:38 pm — Reply

Kudos to Rodrigo for making NPCs that we really connected with, then striking them down. Makes the story feel all the more real.

3. Josh
    April 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm — Reply

I half expected that the clanging sound they heard right before the gnome came out was going to be an older, time displaced, version of Randus. As always fantastic work all around. Can’t wait till next week.

4. Andreas
    April 21, 2012 at 1:48 pm — Reply

Older Randus would have been cool – but I like having Orem back in the protacanist seat again. Like the good old times.
    Nice to have you all back. Ooooh sorry Rob, guess this is like the good old times?

5. The Great NateO
    April 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm — Reply

A tip to the Hat to Rodrigo yet again! This was a great start to the season, it was EPIC!!! I think it was great to have the old team back and ready to go. I have missed Torq’s talking a lot. Also I think it was funny that Randus and Torq just forgot about the “People” that were in the forest and took off after Orim. I wonder who was still not awake yet in that forest.

So Rob is out for a few episodes, well that sounds a lot like season 1 and if I do remember correctly someone saying that everything went back to the way it was with the “VOID”. So will we see Smith come back? If so, Randus you may want to look out because Smith may want his coat back.

Till next weeks awesomeness!

6. Myra
    April 21, 2012 at 3:37 pm — Reply

What a great episode guys. Rodrigo is really a amazing story teller. I never looked forward to a podcast so much. It really made me want to see Critical Hit as a comic book or novel.

7. Josh
    April 21, 2012 at 8:26 pm — Reply

I would LOVE to see a comic book made out of the seasons of Critical Hit. Makes me wish I had any talent whatsoever for drawing.

8. Beren1
    April 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm — Reply

Great episode. However whenever I pause the episode on the website it backtracks at least 10-15 min for the audio yet the slider bar stays at the same time marker it was at. Meaning if I pause I have to figure out where I was again and if it was close enough to the end I have to relisten to a part of it because I can’t go far enough forward.

• April 22, 2012 at 10:16 am — Reply

Is the episode still loading when you do that? That is more than likely the reason/cause.

• Beren1
        April 22, 2012 at 10:54 pm — Reply

Sometimes, however it happens even if the episode has already loaded all the way.

9. Dan
    April 21, 2012 at 9:32 pm — Reply

Haven’t listened to the entire episode yet but right now when Torq went to the academy he apparently had a sandwich before the encounter.

• April 22, 2012 at 10:16 am — Reply

The pollen in the plants he attacked created that effect.

10. Zachariah
    April 23, 2012 at 11:26 pm — Reply

Awesome start. You guys have so much flavor to your world and characters. This is my first time being at the start of a season and I’m very excited. The primer pages about the feywild were a good read as well. Thanks for the show.

11. Frank Hinz
    April 24, 2012 at 9:15 am — Reply

Maybe it’s my own predilection toward enjoying “dude, I’m so high” humor (Cheech & Chong were always a favorite), but the part with Torq trippin’ balls while chopping away at the vines had me literally laughing out loud. Thanks for all the humor and I’m definitely looking forward to the next season!

12. Sarah
    April 25, 2012 at 9:53 pm — Reply

Yay! Critical Hit is absolutely my favorite podcast, and this type of episode, with world descriptions, roleplaying and skill challenges (I like skill challenges much more than combat) fill me with glee. I have already listened to this episode about four times :)

You know what else fills me with glee? Randus is alive!!! Yay! For once, being my favorite character was not a death curse for that character! (Seriously, in books, movies, etc. , my favorite characters get killed or get the shaft every time…)

13. Dalint
    April 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm — Reply

This is one of the most reliable sources of enjoyment I have. Consistently reminds me of nights twenty years ago when we communed with gods, dragons and larger-than-life heroes under the influence of Mountain Dew, cold pizza and too many Doritos. Thank you so much for helping me to feel young(er), while renewing my desire to dig out my dice, strap on my metaphorical sword, and go tilting with windmills once more…

14. Antonio Suarez
    April 28, 2012 at 2:37 am — Reply

I can’t believe it’s taken anyone THIS long to christen this “The critical hit 420 special!” lots of sandwich humor. And mushrooms.

15. Ashley
    December 30, 2013 at 11:34 am — Reply

This episode contains my favorite Critical Hit moment of all time:

27:42
    “Torq looks down at the sword, pointed at the center of his chest. Looks up and says, “I told ya if ya used the pointy end, they work pretty good…”

“Dammit Torq!”

“Last I saw, your ship was going down in the middle of the Astral Sea”
    Torq hugs him in the middle of that sentence Hhhgggnnnnn!”

I almost cried… (:

Thanks you guys for the wonderful work that you do.