ART APPRECIATION MOMENT OF THE DAY: Thomas Perkins

FAN FILM: Static Shock

1. April 13, 2012 at 6:55 pm — Reply

Looks good.
    I just hope I can get past the sign that says “Looper’s Guns Here”. It’ll be a hurdle, but I’m willing to suspend my grammatical disbelief.

2. Raistlin Majere
    April 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm — Reply

Interesting. I agree Nick. It is going to be hard to overlook…but we do it all the time for Hollywood.
    I’m thinking it would have looked better as:
    Looper
    Gun’s here
    Thoughts?

3. April 14, 2012 at 6:43 am — Reply

I’m thinking more along the lines of:
    Looper’s
    Here’s Gun’s!

4. Jez
    April 14, 2012 at 1:11 pm — Reply

It does make sense as Looper’s guns here… it’s saying Looper’s guns go here… thats where he puts the gun after the hit. Or there are plural amount of guns belonging to loopers here. Technically Looper Guns work as well, saying that each gun is a looper gun but I think it’s mean’t to be guns for loopers.

• April 15, 2012 at 6:57 am — Reply

In all seriousness, “Looper’s Guns” only makes sense if there’s one Looper and his or her guns go there. If there are two or more Loopers, then it’s “Loopers’ Guns Here” or “Loopers’s Guns Here”. If we’re just addressing a bunch of Loopers (A murder of Loopers? A pack of Loopers?) and telling them that there are guns here, then it’s just “Loopers Guns Here”. In that case, you might want to add a comma to have it read “Loopers, Guns Here”.

There, I’ve fixed grammar on the intertubes. Woo.

Apostrophe shenanigans aside, I’m really looking forward to this movie. I’m a sucker for time travel and this looks like an interesting twist on the premise.

• Raistlin Majere
        April 22, 2012 at 7:28 am — Reply

Indeed you are the winner. I agree with your thoughts and am also interested in how they work the time travel in this one. This and so many other sci-fi titles that are coming out over the next few months.

5. litanyofthieves
    April 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm — Reply

I’ve been a fan of Rian Johnson since Brick, and Brothers Bloom was also a great movie. Hoping this one is too.