This summer the two biggest comic publishers are betting the bank that their movie is going to be the big money earner.  That of course means people will have to go to the movie theater to see the films, which brings us to the Major Spoilers Poll of the Week!

What summer blockbuster are you most looking forward too

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

ECCC'12: Bucko announced from Dark Horse Comics

ECCC'12: Dark Horse Comics announces Colder

1. JoeM
    April 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm — Reply

I am looking forward to both, but I am looking forward to the Avengers more. Of course I’ve always liked the Avengers a bit more than Batman.

2. Alexander D.
    April 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm — Reply

Of the two, I’m looking forward to Avengers. Second place is Prometheus.

3. April 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm — Reply

While The Dark Knight was a good movie, I had more fun with the Iron Man and Thor movies. I expect that will carry throught to Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. Avengers looks like a good time.

4. April 3, 2012 at 3:05 pm — Reply

I’ve always been a DC guy, and as such Nolan’s Batman series has me incredibly excited. And while I am looking forward to Avengers, Batman is the main one for me. Followed by Prometheus.
    I actually did a similar poll in December on my FaceBook (https://www.facebook.com/questions/266668606719869/) and the top three 2012 movies were Dark Knight, The Hobbit and Prometheus. Avengers didn’t get ANY votes.

5. Lee (SawHat)
    April 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm — Reply

I’ve been looking forward to the Avengers movie since I started reading the Avengers comic back in the seventies. Every trailer that comes out has been better than the last. I’m really ho-hum about Dark Knight Rises.

6. BlueBeetle
    April 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I’m looking forward to Avengers more, but I expect Dark Knight Rises to be a better movie.

7. Andreas
    April 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Avengers.
    I do not doubt that Batman is the better movie. But we have never seen an Avengers movie, and it looks great!

8. morpheus11
    April 3, 2012 at 3:41 pm — Reply

I am looking forward to both of them and I really want to see both in the theater, but I am more excited to see how Nolan finishes off his Batman trilogy.

9. ClubberLang6
    April 3, 2012 at 3:50 pm — Reply

I am looking forward to the new Superman movie. I wonder how they will treat General Zod in this movie.

10. April 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm — Reply

As stellar as job as Nolan has done on the Batman films, I have to give it to the Avengers by just a razor’s edge. The Avengers film is five films in the making. Plus I think this is the first superhero team movie to use several characters established in their own solo films first. So I think it will be interesting either way to see how it works . . . or how it doesn’t work.

11. Bob
    April 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm — Reply

Batman = sequel. Avengers? Well…kinda, but not really. Avengers gets my vote.

12. GeorgeDubya
    April 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm — Reply

I voted other. I’m looking forward to both movies for completely different reasons, so it is hard to decide which I’m looking forward to more. They can both be labelled as Comic Book Action Movies, but that is where the similarities end.

Avengers is going to be filled with snark, one-liners, and explosions for the sake of explosions. Joss Whedon (Yeah, I’m a fan Rodrigo) has yet to really let me down, and the trailers for this movie look like it is going to be a fun ride.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to be gritty, dark, story-driven, and (hopefully) intense. Nolan, like Whedon, has yet to disappoint, and after The Dark Knight I’m really looking forward to the conclusion of the trilogy.

13. Ricco
    April 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm — Reply

Avengers, while I do trust Nolan part of me thinks he went with the wrong villain for his cinematic style.

Also Joss Whedon never disappoints, he’s dialogues are gold and he knows how to include action into a movie without it taken over the whole pic (unlike a certain someone, let’s call him Shmichael Flay)

• GeorgeDubya
      April 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm — Reply

I think you meant Bichael May.

• Ricco
        April 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm — Reply

Him too :)

14. Xian
    April 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm — Reply

I’m looking forwards to Avengers as an event, Dark Knight Rises as a film, and hoping Dark Knight Rises does better on all fronts (assuming it’s great) simply because of what it means for future comic book films… that is, if DK is the template, then merchandising, spoilers, etc. take a backseat to the specific vision of a director, a film can reach audiences while still servicing the fanbase. Avengers, despite the exciting crossover element, seems very much straight forwards Summer blockbuster fare… meaning studios won’t “learn” anything from a successful Avengers movies (except that heroes are bankable?) like they would from a killer Rises box office.

Whatever my criticisms, I fully intend to enjoy them all.

15. @lantis
    April 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm — Reply

I will see both, but I am most looking forward to Dark Knight Rises. It will be a better quality film that stimulates my brain on various intellectual levels. The Avengers will merely entertain me which is fine, but lots of movies can achieve that goal, so I don’t look forward to those ones as much as the rare gems that make me question and ponder the themes of the film in that intellectual way.

16. April 3, 2012 at 7:38 pm — Reply

Good grief it’s like Sophie’s choice!!!

But probably avengers

17. Jim Bowes
    April 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm — Reply

I’m geeked for both. I don’t even care for The Avengers, but I’m really curious as to how a movie incarnation of esentially a crossover event will work. Thay said, I voted for Dark Knight. Not only do I have a raging man-crush on Bats, but these Nolan films have blurred the line between popcorn summer fare and true cinema. As this will be the last of his vision of this world July can’t come soon enough, I have my midnight IMAX tickets already and have a baby sitter all lined up. Matalo Matalo gentelmen, Matalo Matalo!!

18. Oldcomicfan
    April 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm — Reply

I’ve liked all the Marvel movies so far, but I’ve really like the new Batman movies, too. Maybe its because of the great contrast between what Nolan had done and all the cr@p they’ve passed off as Batman movies in the past. If I have to pick only one, it would be Dark Night.

19. Jim Bowes
    April 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm — Reply

I’m geeked for both. I don’t even care for The Avengers, but I’m really curious as to how a movie incarnation of essentially a crossover event will work. That said, I voted for Dark Knight. Not only do I have a raging man-crush on Bats, but these Nolan films have blurred the line between popcorn summer fare and true cinema. As this will be the last of his vision of this world July can’t come soon enough, I have my midnight IMAX tickets already and have a baby sitter all lined up. Matalo Matalo gentelmen, Matalo Matalo!!

20. slimeknight
    April 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm — Reply

I’m looking more forward to the Avengers because I’ve already seen two Batman movies and sorta of know what to expect.

21. April 4, 2012 at 1:13 am — Reply

Resident Evil: Retribution (which will be released before the autumn equinox and thus technically still in summer)

22. Tres
    April 4, 2012 at 6:30 am — Reply

Prometheus

23. Gordon T
    April 4, 2012 at 9:47 am — Reply

As much as I am looking forward to seeing both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, if I had to choose just one movie to see this summer it would be The Amazing Spider-Man.

24. Ashen
    April 4, 2012 at 9:48 am — Reply

Amazing Spider-man

25. James Winston
    April 4, 2012 at 12:34 pm — Reply

Avengers. Only because HULK SMASH!

26. Umbra
    April 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm — Reply

I’m more looking forward to the Avengers, but Dark Knight Rises definitely got the better poster.

27. April 4, 2012 at 5:25 pm — Reply

I’ll go with Avengers, just to see if they actually include Ant-Man as a side-gag.