Leave it up to Will Wheaton to take a concept and run with it before anyone else. I think it has something to do with proper funding, etc.

Wil Wheaton and guests, Sean Plott (host of “Day9TV”, a Starcraft II dedicated webcast on how to be a better gamer), Grant Imahara (host of Discovery Channel’s “Mythbusters”), and Jenna Busch (geek blogger, writer and host) play Small World!

MONDAY SING-ALONG: Now I'm the One That's Cool

New Comic Releases for April 04, 2012

1. Sebastian
    April 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm — Reply

• GeorgeDubya
      April 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm — Reply

That was just my thought when I realized that, because of Wheaton, I now want to spend $50 to buy this game.

2. Alexander D.
    April 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm — Reply

Amazing first episode. Very informative. I’ve recommended it to all of my friends already and am excited for future episodes!

3. Gammafighter
    April 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm — Reply

<3 Day[J]!

4. April 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm — Reply

Holy shit. Fat Wil Wheaton with fat man beard. With online video series about D&D like stuff.

What would Captain Picard say?

5. @lantis
    April 2, 2012 at 8:37 pm — Reply

Loved it, but I kind of wish I could’ve watched the entire game.

6. Kevin Kortekaas
    April 2, 2012 at 8:51 pm — Reply

Small World is a lot of fun, but it takes forever to setup, if you can deal with a good 10 – 15 minute setup time go for it.

Merchants and Marauders is a solid pick as well

7. Xian
    April 2, 2012 at 10:34 pm — Reply

Thanks for the heads up, will watch this sometime.

I’ve only played Small World on the iPad where the gameplay seems too claustrophobic and limited (given only two players and no ability to enact house rules)… I imagine the actual version is more favorable, but also more prone to human error. Forgetting a rule here or there, a resource collection, etc. can totally change the outcome and the way SW works, it’s pretty susceptible to those kinds of errors.