Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
The Off Season

This episode: BUGS! RUN!

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Have you purchased your Critical Hit T-Shirt? Order one today!

Paladins and Dinosaurs

Dino art by DR Studios

Contact us at

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #397: Geek Girls Welcome Here

REVIEW: The Walking Dead #95

1. Andreas
    March 31, 2012 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Wauw! Rob needs a god old end Star Wars a new hope medal for making this campain!
    A question, why are you guys not using themes? The ones from Dark Sun ( or most of them) would have fit right into this tribal setting?

• March 31, 2012 at 10:18 pm — Reply

Themes? I guess I don’t understand the question…

• March 31, 2012 at 10:41 pm — Reply

He’s talking about settings- Eberon, Dark Sun, etc.

• March 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm — Reply

I think he’s talking about character themes: optional additions to characters that (usually) grant an extra power and some additional flavour to the character.

Handy for adding some more personality to characters (+ an extra mechanical benefit), but I think your characters are already well-stocked in the personality department.

• March 31, 2012 at 11:11 pm — Reply

No he’s talking about Themes, which are an additional, mechanical, character option that was introduced with Dark Sun.

Although I’d say a good enough answer to “Why aren’t you using themes?” is “Because half the players have never heard of them.”

• April 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm — Reply

• April 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm — Reply

There ya go. Burai Sunburst DOES have a theme, it’s mostly snare drum and trumpet. Torq’s has a hammering bass guitar and a Nathan Explosion lead vocal. Sir Brenzen’s theme is a classical fanfare, while Arbalest’s theme is the rock version of Transformers from the 1986 movie…

Soon enough, we’ll be up to “How The Other Sixteenth Lives” and I’ll use Eddie Izzard’s “Ya tada tada daah dum dum dah dah” Trump Tower song.

2. Beren1
    March 31, 2012 at 1:25 pm — Reply

Epic 2 hour fighty fight. Also Ridge is now a 10 foot cliff, that is all.

3. Andreas
    March 31, 2012 at 2:19 pm — Reply

Wait!!! You have Major Spoilers coasters????
    Epic – and pleace can we buy some of those dice-bags! ……. And a Warky T-shirt :)

4. Marco
    April 1, 2012 at 11:12 am — Reply

Warky is our new hero! Fantastic episode, I love how these guys interact in combat, they’re very entertaining (keep the flavour-text up please). Also your sneaky plan probably won the fight in combination with Brian’s well placed powers. Can’t wait to hear what’s next :D

5. Christian Walker
    April 1, 2012 at 10:37 pm — Reply

Thanks for the extra long episode!
    I was wondering what Presence you chose for Matthew’s Warlord. I was listening for it, but must have missed it.

• Praion
      April 2, 2012 at 4:27 am — Reply

I think he is insightfull

• April 2, 2012 at 7:32 pm — Reply

That is correct. Burai uses Insightful Presence…

• Christian Walker
          April 4, 2012 at 12:53 pm — Reply

6. dp8351
    April 4, 2012 at 12:27 am — Reply

I liked this episode and I’m looking forward to seeing how Rob’s campaign closes out. The threat has been gauged, and now we… what?

I do like seeing a combat centered Leader. Nothing against Randus – he’s exceptional for the story and for our heroes – but the old school dork in me keeps picturing a Keldon Warlord as the Leader of a party.

7. Sol Hawk the Ninja
    April 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm — Reply

Hey guys,

I just found out that they’re building a statue of Gary Gygax.

Somewhere Smith is rolling over in his grave and mumbling, “Where’s mine? Everybody else is getting a statue… where’s mine? ARWOOOOOO!” Oh boy, when you guys get around to building his memorial, well, it will need to be pretty awesome to top this. ; )