The second wave of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Minimates minifigures is in stores now, and they’re spoiling for a fight! Spider-Man, Chris Redfield, Wolverine, Viewtiful Joe, Crimson Viper, Super Skrull, Jill Valentine and Storm have joined Series 1 on the pegs, which means there are now 24 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Minimates in all! Even though they’re only 2 inches tall, Minimates pack enough articulation, accessories and interchangeable parts to create some crazy fight scenes, so Diamond Select Toys is issuing a challenge — stage a fight scene between two or more Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates and send us a picture of it! The winner will get a set of Minimates from every Minimates line we make, plus some rare MvC3 prizes!
- Take a photo in which two or more Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Minimates minifigures are the central characters. They should be in the middle of a battle or preparing to fight. You can include as many figures as you like, but all of the central toys in the photo should be from the MvC3 toy line; no custom characters and no significant figure modification allowed. Non-MvC3 Marvel and Street Fighter Minimates may be used as background figures, but no toys from other toy companies will be allowed.
- Shots can be indoors, outdoors, on miniature sets, on human-sized sets, whatever. But they should be in focus, and you should be able to tell what’s going on in them.
- Photoshop is allowed for touch-ups, to duplicate a character, to simulate a special effect or to cause mild battle damage, but not to fundamentally change any of the characters or their costumes. Word balloons are not allowed, but game-appearing text is okay.
- Photos should be at LEAST 4 by 6 inches at 72 dpi (288×432 pixels). They can be vertical or horizontal.
- Post your photos on the Diamond Select Toys Facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/diamondselecttoys between now and March 26th at 9 AM EST. Or, if you’re not on Facebook, Tweet your pic with @Minimates and #mvc3minimates in the message!
- Only one entry is allowed per person, so make sure your best shot is on the wall come Monday morning. Multiple entries will be disqualified, so delete your earlier shots if you update your entry.
- The winner will get a Marvel vs. Capcom Minimate prototype, a full-sized Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates poster, a full-sized Pirate Raiders Minimates poster, two pieces of original pencil art used in Minimates design, three event-exclusive promotional Minimates, and one set of Minimates (two-pack, four-pack or vehicle w/figure) from each of the following Minimates lines: Marvel, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Halo, Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters, Femme Fatales, Knight Rider, MAX and Pirate Raiders. Two runners-up will also be chosen to receive sets of Minimates mini-figures.
- By submitting the photograph to the contest, you give us permission to publish them on our Website.