Marvel wants you to save the date

REVIEW: X-Men #26

1. Sebastian
    March 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm — Reply

looks interesting

2. Matt S.
    March 8, 2012 at 1:59 pm — Reply

Tonto looks like Carol Burnett dressed as Nora Desmond.

3. Firefox
    March 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm — Reply

Looks ridiculous, Tonto looks like Jack Sparrow with face makeup. I don’t plan to watch this.

4. Keith
    March 8, 2012 at 4:12 pm — Reply

Depp’s Tonto doesn’t look too bad I will have to wait and see his portrayal of the character but I really miss the blue ranger shirt. The suit is not too bad, I will have to hold off on an opinion until I see the film.

5. Davis
    March 8, 2012 at 6:06 pm — Reply

I’m very sure that this will not be the final “look”!
    Disney is going to give a nod to all those pirate movies… that made them tons of money… and then try to get a “three pack” from this franchise.
    (However… Johnny did do “Deadman”)
    I am certain that the Lone Ranger will look a lot more like we are used to… in time.
    And Tonto too.
    (Hopefully before the end of the movie.)

6. Michael
    March 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm — Reply

I’d take the bird off Tonto’s head and I’m not sure what’s around the Ranger’s neck but it doesn’t really look like the usual neckerchief. Otherwise, I don’t have any problems with it.

7. Ricco
    March 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm — Reply

Tonto lives up to his name, which is all kinds of messed up…

One, if not the 1st aboriginal superheroes of his time, name they went with? Idiot in Spanish, brilliant!

8. March 8, 2012 at 8:49 pm — Reply

This does nothing to allay my concerns.

9. Oldcomicfan
    March 8, 2012 at 9:28 pm — Reply

I have no problem with the black broadcloth suit. It’s rather authentic. I always thought Clayton Moore’s blue pajamas were ridiculous. Nobody wore pale blue pajamas in the old West. I always suspected the color and the cloth were selected to look good under the early television cameras, not for authenticity. About Tonto, though, are the white streaks on his face war paint, or is that bird on his head a live bird?

• Davis
      March 9, 2012 at 2:34 am — Reply

Now that’s funny!

10. Steamblade
    March 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm — Reply

So much for the mask being made from Dan’s vest. Unless Dan had a thing for leather, that is.

11. March 8, 2012 at 11:04 pm — Reply

I half suspect Depp put that bird on as a joke. “Surely, someone will at least ask me about putting this bird on my head.”

And every single person on set thinking, “That bird looks weird, but it IS Johnny Depp…”

12. TaZ
    March 9, 2012 at 10:26 am — Reply

I have so many words or ridicule and scorn that I could hurl but they’re just so overwhelming I can’t do it.