When you really need to get the clock on the wall to spin faster, there’s nothing better than following the Favorites section off of a Deviant Art page to see where it leads you. Today, that path less traveled landed us on Kora Kosicka’s page and her take on Japanese fashion.
Technically fanart (?)
Japanese Schoolgirl Inferno: Tokyo Teen Fashion Subculture (good book!)
From left to right:
- sukeban: bad girl of the 60s/70s
- takenokozoku: street stomping, sign-stealing child of the 80s
- kogal: california beach bunny and SMS pioneer
- kigurumin: pyjama party hobo
- yamanba: mountain hag and alba rosa fiend
- traditional dress with a twist (and a takuya angel scarf)
- glamour girl
- gothloli: gothic doll-child
which one would you be?