DC Comics closes out the week of Earth-2 character reveals with a look at Earth-2 Superman.  Yes, we have seen him appear on the variant cover to Earth-2, but here is your first full look at the costume, which looks a lot like the current costume, with a little upcoming movie thrown in, too.

“Mourning the death of his beloved, Superman carries both a sadness in his heart along with the weight of Earth 2′s welfare upon on his shoulders, while never showing this and seeming to all that he is this world’s peerless champion,” said EARTH 2 writer James Robinson.

“What would you have to do to teach Superman to kill?” asks EARTH 2 editor Pat McCallum. “He’s endured the loss of his home world, and now the Last Son of Krypton must weather the death of his soul mate Lois Lane. Just how far can you bend the Man of Steel before he breaks?”

This first look is done by Jim Lee.

via The Source

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Bounty

The Wedding of Kevin Keller sells out

1. Skruff
    March 2, 2012 at 8:51 am — Reply

I actually prefer this design over the “New 52” costume

• websnap
      March 2, 2012 at 10:40 am — Reply

agreed. this is much preferred…

• TaZ
        March 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm — Reply

I’m with ya’ll. I like this design better than the battle suit style from the current DCU. I’m also really waiting for them to give a better name than the current DCU. Wow. I actually made it through that post without using quote marks.

• Bzer03
      March 7, 2012 at 1:23 am — Reply

2. Rob
    March 2, 2012 at 8:57 am — Reply

I like the belt but not the 1980s supergirl red thing across his shoulders

3. Ross
    March 2, 2012 at 9:02 am — Reply

Don’t know if it was intentional but the white shading behind “Superman’ looks a lot like a set of angel wings

4. Hotimus Prime
    March 2, 2012 at 10:08 am — Reply

I prefer this to the main universe costume design as well. That one blows majorly.

5. March 2, 2012 at 10:13 am — Reply

I think that we’re reaching a point of diminishing returns with the Jim Lee designs. People complained about homogeny with the first batch, and as we continue, it seems like variations on the same theme…

• ShadowTroll
      June 18, 2012 at 7:59 pm — Reply

Who you calling homogenic?!

6. Allen
    March 2, 2012 at 10:17 am — Reply

And it’s “darker” get it? Lois is dead.

I’m curious to see what, if anything, this has to do with old Earth-2.

7. Ian
    March 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm — Reply

Look’s like he stole Ultraman’s belt

8. David Morgan
    March 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm — Reply

The solicitation says “Starring ALAN SCOTT, JAY GARRICK and many others!” and all we’ve seen is the new Batman and Superman – who apparently kill. A new Wonder Woman and Robin and Supergirl and so on.

I realize my 40-something old ass isn’t the target demographic for the “New 52”, but I think they lost me this week…lost me when they were just this close to getting my upper middle class ass back into the fold.

Maybe this book won’t be the same furry turd that has been nearly every James Robinson book since Starman, but I’m pretty sure it won’t be anything that will either celebrate or advance the characters I love. It will just “modernize”, “reinvent”…and then quickly “cancel” them. Damn.

9. silvergray
    March 4, 2012 at 3:50 am — Reply

It looks like he is about to throw the shiny cellophane S on his chest ala Superman 2.