The news that Bluewater Productions sold off part of their library to another publisher is rather surprising, but that is what has happened, according to the company.
“I have worked with Arcana in the past and am excited to team up with them again. Teaming up with another independent comic book company, the foundation can only strengthen our brands,” says Darren G. Davis, Bluewater President.
“Darren and Arcana did Valkyrie back in the day and it’s great to be working with him again. He is one of the most talented and prolific creators I’ve worked with, and everyone is very excited about these dozens of graphic novels added into our library,” says Arcana’s CEO Sean Patrick O’Reilly.
- 10th Muse – Greek mythology has documented the nine Muses, the inspirational daughters of the almighty Zeus. But history forgot one–the Tenth Muse. Emma, Brett and Dawn were the best of friends — until Emma disappeared, leaving only a note saying goodbye. Now, eight years later, Emma is back, without answers. What happened to Emma? What is her connection with Grayson Bishop, and, most of all, how did ordinary Emma Sonnet become the mysterious TENTH MUSE? Introducing The Tenth Muse, a new kind of super-hero saga unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. A mystery. An action series. A character- driven saga that will bring you to the edge of your seat. See if you can unravel the mystery of The 10th Muse.. Apologies for the blurred cover image, but there is a new celebrity modeling as the Tenth Muse, and it has to be kept a secret until she makes it public!
- Legend of Isis – Trapped 5,000 years out of time, the would-be Egyptian Goddess, Isis, must adjust to her new life in 21st century Los Angeles. Using her mystical staff and some help from a few new friends, Isis will protect those around her from evil that may threaten their world. But how can she protect a world that she doesn’t fully understand? Join Isis in her ongoing series debut issue, as she’s introduced to the modern world and its new ways of life. But it seems Isis is not the only ancient warrior alive in our time – as she must battle the Mummy of Sekhent upon her awakening from the dead!
- Judo Girl – Adjusting to life iof modern day is one thing. Fighting the female assassin Silencer is another. Worse, one of Judo Girl’s (Diana Moore) most dangerous adversaries from the 1960s resurfaces to complicate her life, Lincoln Stanley, aka Hep Cat. Has he really reformed, as he claims, or is he back to his old tricks?
- Styx and Stone – Upon returning from South Africa, Detective Mel Stone was put on medical leave after he was found almost dead on the cargo ship he was on with no explanation and almost no memory of what happened to him.. Now, he’s back on the force with his new partner investigating a string of gruesome campus murders. On the surface, everything is back to normal, but in reality, Stone is back with an added bonus; he’s sharing his body with the career criminal and murder James Wyatt.
- Deathsport Games – In the near future, three teens find themselves thrust into a twisted version of the Olympic Games against a horde of vicious Sportsmen and a blood-thirsty crowd of onlookers!
- Orion the Hunter – To tempt the Fates is one thing. To out and out steal from them is sheer lunacy. Yet Orion must pit his destiny against some of the fiercest and most dangerous forces Olympus has to offer. As he peels away another veil of the gods’ deceit, Orion is forced to walk the precipice between myth and mystery only to find himself at the very mouth of Hades.
- Blackbeard Legacy – The only thing of any worth to Hanna amongst the wreckage of an unlucky vessel is its sole survivor, who tells the captain about a secret treasure only he knows how to obtain. But he has reasons of his own to employ her aide. And with zombies, threatening weather, and the ever-gaining Captain Purloin, it’s going to be a difficult task for the crew to even get off the island. quest for gold, adventure and her fathers head on a stick.
- Paparazzi – Los Angeles; some call it the city of angels, others call it a cesspool of debauchery and self indulgence, but whatever you choose to call it, one thing is clear; L.A. is where all the action is. When an entertainment newspaper stops covering celebrity tabloids and starts to focus on the superhero community, all Hell breaks loose. From closeted capes, to drugged out Do-Gooders, no one is safe from the poison pen of Sara Michaels and her award winning snake of a photographer, Glenn Barry. This book explores what goes on under the spandex, and we aren’t talking Botox!
- Warlock – A new story from the cult film WARLOCK from Lionsgate. The Warlock is on a mission to destroy a book that contains a spell which imprisoned six other Warlocks. If the book manages to be destroyed, the dangerous Warlocks would be released back into the world free to cause chaos and destruction. It’s up to a rag-tag group of people to prevent the Warlock from carrying out his plan.
- Leprechaun – From the cult film from Lionsgate. This is the tale of Lubdan, the king and sole survivor of the Leprechaun. The last of the Leprechauns! A treasure dealer stumbles across his pot of gold and steals it. In this modern age, he finds buyers all over the planet through on-line auctions. Lubdan finds the thief after the gold is shipped to humans across the globe. Lubdan’s quest takes him all over the planet, across time and space. Battling greed, the genocidal Cluracan and new mystical adversaries, Lubdan must save all life to save himself…but not without taking lives!
Later this year, Arcana will released collected trades of these books to get readers interested in the new properties, and I expect that this will then lead to new regular ongoing titles. Off the top of my head, I don’t remember all the books that Bluewater Productions was producing, but it looks like they’ve shifted most of their non-fiction stories off to Arcana. Bluewater should continue to release the Misadventures of Adam West and other big name books (Shatner, Vincent Price, and so on) as well as the companies growing line of bio comics.