There was a lot of speculation running wild yesterday regarding the status of another Transformers movie.  Fortunately, Michael Bay addressed the blogosphere, the Twitterverse, and the Intardwebz, that confirmed our worst fear – Transformers 4 is real.

Bay posted the following message on his official website:

There has been a lot of speculation about what I’m going to do next and when or if I will do another Transformers. So let me set the record straight.

I have just concluded a deal with Paramount to do two movies, but it won’t be two Transformers.

I will first do ‘Pain & Gain’ with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

Then I will do the next Transformers for release on June 29, 2014.

-Michael Bay

According to producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventurea, “…we’re going to try to do a hybrid there where there will be some characters that come forward–we think, we’re still in the process of figuring it out–and some characters that don’t, but it will definitely be a different story.”

So who is excited about June 29, 2014? With over a billion dollars at stake, Paramount has a lot riding on this franchise.

via SuperHeroHype

TOYS: BTTF Hoverboards are real (don't glide on water)

KICKSTARTER: R-13 launches campaign to get paperback edition to fans

1. February 14, 2012 at 9:12 am — Reply

Transformers 4: Rise of the Boogaloos

2. Some Dude
    February 14, 2012 at 11:27 am — Reply

I can see it now
    Transformers 5: Revengance of the Milked Franchise
    Transformers 6: Reoccurrence of crap
    Transformers 7: Return of Michal Bays Army Boner
    Transformers 8: Reimagining Bent on child hood memory destruction
    Transformers 9: Rezurrection of Bad acting
    Transformers 10: Realization of the fans that this Is Utter garbage stop wasting your money and feeding this hack godd*** IT!
    I can do this all day people…

3. superman1930
    February 14, 2012 at 1:14 pm — Reply

I’m not surprise at all by this news.I actually predicted that another Transformer film was coming.I mean it’s all about milking this franchise until the well is dry.Kind of like with Twilight but I fear that there maybe more new films down the line if the president of Lionsgate have anything to say about it.

4. February 14, 2012 at 2:20 pm — Reply

I’m not mad at this news at all, nor do I think there is anything wrong with franchise milking.

As long as I get giant mf’ing robots that I can chew popcorn to, I’m happy.

I just pray that they stop giving the Decepticons bot-advantage and just give us some more Autobots. I’m tired of the 1:5 Autobot to Decepticon ratio!

5. Bob potvin
    February 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm — Reply

I love all forms of the Transformers Universe except for Bay’s vision. Hated the second and it took me till about a month ago to watch the third. I wish I had not wasted my time with it and I will not watch Transformers movies as long as Micheal Bay has anything to do with it.

6. Ricco
    February 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm — Reply

Depends, if every movie viewer gets to throw a single pebble at Micheal “can’t make the difference between special effects and a story” Bay then it’ll be a big hit!

I saw Dark of the Moon… turns out the moon IS made of cheese, smelly, fetid, blue cheese that’s full of worms. It was torture to watch, I wouldn’t watch the sequel if you paid me.

7. February 15, 2012 at 12:13 am — Reply

I can’t understand why people continue to support these films. Each one was been cinema of the lowest order, the action is poorly edited, the effects are an indistinguishable mass of churning gears, the humor is insulting, the plots incomprehensible, the characterization is non-existent and they are all an hour too long. Call me a hater bu these movies are terrible, and yes I am including the last 40 mins of the TF3 in that statement. In conclusion a continuation of the series without all the main characters but bring back the same film-maker is not a reboot it’s a sequel.

Sorry for the rant but damn I hate these movies!

8. Alexander
    February 15, 2012 at 12:29 am — Reply

If this movie makes more than $5 at the box office, then humanity has failed as a species.

9. chrisblue77
    February 15, 2012 at 12:31 am — Reply

I thougth 3 killed it, but I’m the guy that hated 1 loved 2 and hated 3. I want the wrigther who put that crap line in Dr. Armstrongs mouth kicked in the nuts, perfurbly by Armstrong. This is a man who once punched out a guy who said to his face that there was no Moon Landing, Armstrong was in his 80’s the other guy was in his late 30s. I think he put him out cold:)

• L1701E
      February 15, 2012 at 7:59 am — Reply

That wasn’t Neil Armstrong. It was Buzz Aldrin who punched out Bart Sibrel, a filmmaker who said it was a hoax to his face.

10. February 15, 2012 at 11:46 am — Reply

I was sincerely hoping for either a reboot (although not so soon) or preferably a pre-war movie if they were making another (I REALLY want to see a non-Bay made film take on the pre-war Cybertron).

11. b003
    February 15, 2012 at 10:09 pm — Reply

Who keeps given this guy money?