Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
The Off Season

This episode: During the Off Season the Major Spoilers Crew takes a crack at Wizards of the Coast’s Legend of Drizzt Board Game.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_134.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Have you purchased your Critical Hit T-Shirt? Order one today!

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #383: The Found Footage Fiasco

From the Vault: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: The Friendship Express DVD

1. Aspiring Spambot
    February 11, 2012 at 11:51 am — Reply

I was playing Legend of Drizzt at the game store last week and Drizzt drew the Field Promotion on the first turn too. It’s like the cards can sense the their Mary Sue master.

2. TorontoFrog
    February 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm — Reply

“Drizzt is a tanned Mary Sue” – EPIC. I hate so much this character and it’s setting that I was really going to skip this episode. I almost did but I’m glad I didn’t. That was kinda fun.

3. soulless_swede
    February 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm — Reply

I think you might have done the start treasure wrong during the setup. In the previous 2 boardgames, you can’t start with a fortune card; you have to re-draw until you get an item.

4. GeorgeDubya
    February 11, 2012 at 5:09 pm — Reply

*Puts on troll commenting glasses.*

Well actually, when the first Drow Duelist was out, Stephen only made one attack instead of the two he could have.

Ok, enough of that. Fun episode guys, I actually ended up having to work on Saturday (which was supposed to be a day off) and had to make a long drive. The extra long episode was just long enough to fill one way of the entire drive.

5. corbin
    February 13, 2012 at 7:24 pm — Reply

Gave a bit during the holidays but signed up for 2 bucks recurring its not a lot but I love critical hit and wanna see it continue.

6. Daniel
    February 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Fun Episode! I’m actually a new listener and I started at the beginning so I’m only at episode 22! But I figured it was safe to listen to this one. Glad the see everybody is still together! Love the show!

7. Conner
    February 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm — Reply

Was that an order of the stick reference Mathew when you talked about having you own linear guild. Also why all the Drizzt hate

8. Damascus
    February 15, 2012 at 6:54 am — Reply

I liked the Auggie Doggy and Doggy Daddy reference too. Lol. I also think the Drizzt hate comes from overexposure in the D&D genre and how he always seems to come off like “Ooh, look how awesome he is!” That said I personally kinda like him, but I don’t read a ton of it either though.

9. Enderwizard
    February 17, 2012 at 11:57 am — Reply

Absolutely loved this episode because I’m a huge fan of board gaming in general, but the D&D Adventure system in particular. It’s simple, it’s quick, and it feeds that dungeon crawling itch whenever it strikes. No need for a DM, no need for ridiculously long setups, and there’s a ton of replayability. And if you have the other two sets (Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon) you can mix and match for supreme awesomeness.

I just wanted to point a rule clarification out, though. When you select your starting treasure, you keep drawing until you get an Item and discard any Fortunes. So, there should be no levelling up before the game starts and there shouldn’t be any player left without a Treasure card.

10. GC
    April 18, 2012 at 5:17 pm — Reply

Didn’t really like Drizzt much until I started reading the novels, now I’m a Drizzt fanboy. Start with Book 1: Homeland. Don’t expect anything super deep, but it’s a fun series to read nonetheless.

11. Fan of music
    August 8, 2012 at 7:57 pm — Reply

Liked the episode, dig the One Step Beyond-Madness reference. Ska for life!