DC RELAUNCH: World's Finest gets a Perez cover

TELEVISION: Young Justice and Green Lantern kick off DC Nation

1. TaZ
    February 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Wow. I am seriously liking those uniforms better than the “New 52” Earth Prime versions. I’m interested to see if this “Earth 2” will be the same as the one shown in the post-Final Crisis JSA series or something different. All I know is that if Allan Scott, Ted Grant and Jay Garrick and the JSA aren’t around I’m going to be really disappointed.

• BigPapaRama
      February 10, 2012 at 6:59 pm — Reply

I agree with everyone here about the uniforms. Really superior design.

2. February 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm — Reply

I agree with TaZ, I am really liking the new look for the Earth-2 Superheroes… I like that Batman almost has a “Victorian-esque” look to him… and he’s using Billy Clubs? Nice!

• TaZ
      February 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm — Reply

3. Praion
    February 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm — Reply

I like supes SymbolCape thingy – cool idea

4. brainypirate
    February 10, 2012 at 2:12 pm — Reply

Batman is an alien???

• Young
      February 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm — Reply

He’s an alien to the parademons having clubs shoved up their brains.

5. Hotimus Prime
    February 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm — Reply

Earth 2 designs are way eff’n cooler than prime universe. Eff’n sad.

6. Allen2saint
    February 10, 2012 at 2:46 pm — Reply

Gah. Looks like a “war ravaged earth with morally compromised heroes…cause that’s what happens when things get rough you liberals!” universe. Another hope down the drain.

• TaZ
      February 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm — Reply

That or it could be “Hey, JLA…Let us show you how to kick Darkseid’s butt and look good doing it.” This tied with Power Girl and Huntress’s series cover showing what appears to be a “supergirl” and “female Robin” in the background is interesting.

• Allen
        February 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm — Reply

I was hoping for the Old school Earth-2, but I guess that’s not “dark” enough for kids these days. Grumble…

• Zalmonius
          February 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm — Reply

Remember. Variant cover. This cover could be all lies.

• Michael
          February 11, 2012 at 11:40 am — Reply

I suppose it could be some play on the old-school E-2 with Superman and Wonder Woman having been involved in WW2 but still around in E-2’s present Parademon-infested day along with the current wearer of the Batmantle.

As it is I think I’m a little disappointed. I don’t think we’ve ever seen the New Gods/Apokolips thing beyond the main DCU (i.e. the other comic universes) have we?

7. Johnny
    February 10, 2012 at 11:20 pm — Reply

I like. Does anyone else get a superboy-prime vibe here though? Maybe this is the new 52 crime syndicate?

8. David Morgan
    February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm — Reply

Ahhhh shit! No JSA? I thought I was going to start buying comics again in a few months because they were putting out a product of interest to me. Screw that.

• Kris
      February 13, 2012 at 10:00 am — Reply

Jump the gun much? First, this the variant cover, they’re keeping the regular cover under wraps for the time being. Second, in the solicitation for this issue, it says “Starring ALAN SCOTT, JAY GARRICK and many others!”

So, maybe you need to rethink you’re rash decision and give the book a chance…

9. February 11, 2012 at 10:40 pm — Reply

My only real complaint (minor at that) is that it looks like Superman has too much exposed shoulder maybe? Hard to tell, otherwise I agree I kind of wished these were the new costumes.