Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TOY FAIR: DC Direct unveils Before Watchmen and The Dark Knight Rises statues

VARIANT COVER: Avengers Assemble #1

1. Frank
    February 9, 2012 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Mel Brooks immediately comes to mind.

“Springtime for Hitler and Germany..”
    and
    the end of “History of the World – Part One”

2. Scott
    February 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm — Reply

This looks like a “truly” film. The only question is whether it’s going to be truly awesome or truly awful.

3. February 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm — Reply

I am SO excited for this movie it’s not even funny. It’s the first time in at least a decade where I REALLY REALLY want to go to the theatre and see it. OH man!

4. Oldcomicfan
    February 9, 2012 at 7:57 pm — Reply

At first I had flashbacks to Independence Day until the Nazis showed up. Then I thought “Cool!” Though somebody will have to explain to me very carefully how Warthogs jets and Zepplins can work in space.

• Scott
      February 9, 2012 at 10:10 pm — Reply

I’m not sure about the Warthogs (which, by the way, are among the victims of the recently announced budget cuts), but, from other footage I’ve seen, the zeppelins are really zeppelin-shaped spacecraft that act as carriers for the smaller saucer craft.

• Jeremiah
      February 10, 2012 at 1:34 am — Reply

If The Doctor can lead a group of WWII Spitfires into space to do battle, it shouldn’t be too hard to imagine interstellar Warthogs too, am I right?

5. Oldcomicfan
    February 10, 2012 at 6:00 am — Reply

Oh, yes, Jeremiah. Propellers will work in space just as well as jet engines. LOL. Which Doctor was that? The last doctor I had access to was the one with the curly hair and long scarf.

6. C
    February 10, 2012 at 10:57 am — Reply

Anyone prefered the first teaser?

7. Ricco
    February 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm — Reply

This has “B-Movie classic” written all over it, in a good way thou.