SNEAK PEEK: Star Wars: Agent of the Empire - Iron Eclipse #3

TRAILER: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

1. February 6, 2012 at 8:12 am — Reply

Definitely Skrull.

2. Sebastian
    February 6, 2012 at 8:19 am — Reply

Hard to say – i hope it’s not loki’s damn frost giants. That would be a major disappointment in my opinion! Imagine frost giant’s on space cruisers ;-(

3. February 6, 2012 at 9:02 am — Reply

I was thinking Frost Giants, like Sebastian – they look more Viking than alien. Maybe they come from somewhere else on the World Tree . . . not Asgardian or Ice Giants, but somewhere else? Then again, the armor does look a little Kree to me.

4. RBHSOregon
    February 6, 2012 at 9:04 am — Reply

Looks like a flock o’ Ultrons to me…

5. Rob
    February 6, 2012 at 9:09 am — Reply

Armor definitely makes it look Asgardian.

• ssmetzer
      February 6, 2012 at 11:06 am — Reply

since Loki is involved this is probably the safe bet.

6. Rome
    February 6, 2012 at 10:36 am — Reply

I’m thinking Skrull. I bet they shape-shift.

7. Ricco
    February 6, 2012 at 11:06 am — Reply

It’s the Spanish Inquisition of course.

• February 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm — Reply

I was not expecting that.

-D!

8. Xian
    February 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm — Reply

People working on the licensed tie-in merchandising (games, toys, shirts, cups, etc) have spoiled this more or less… but I’m really interested in how the script uses these villains.

We’ve obviously focused on the heroes of The Avengers a lot because they’re the titular draw… but in many ways it’s really up to the villains to make the Assembling compelling. How do you make a threat that needs these six heroes? Where an archer and a spy are as relevant as a god or a living green earthquake? So that Cap’s contribution isn’t just busywork that Earth’s military forces couldn’t handle on their own, but also not so contrived that we feel like a Wizard [trickster god] Did It!

Potentially really tricky, so I’m hoping it’ll have a sufficiently solid plot / story to satisfy the Avengers yearnings… even better if it’s a really clever / elegant plot, but that’s frosting on the cake if the chemistry, dialogue, action, etc. are on target.

9. BigEZ
    February 6, 2012 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Atlanteans…read an interview somewhere that Namor may appear sooner than later. Atlanteans in the comics tended to be blue skinned. Gray may look better on film.

10. Antonio Sanciolo
    February 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm — Reply

The look straight from the negative zone to me. Kind of have an annilhilus thing going on up top; but that’s just wishful thinking.

11. Dan W
    February 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm — Reply

I think I see a candle in the hollow!!

12. February 6, 2012 at 10:29 pm — Reply

It feelas very Annihilus (buggy) and negative zone to me. if not that then probably kree.

13. foolsmask
    February 8, 2012 at 9:37 pm — Reply

If they aren’t skrull I will be suprised. They look green and purple, that says skrull to me. Plus, didn’t they obsessed over the Cosmic cube that was specificaly mentioned in Thor and Cap. America? But if its not then some other race from the world tree would be intereating. A brand New threat would be fun.

14. Bogz
    February 26, 2012 at 9:59 pm — Reply

an army of Justin Biebers!! O.O’