Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
The Off Season

This episode: The Critical Hit Crew sit down and reflect on Season 3. Warning! If you haven’t listened to Critical HIt #132, then be prepared for spoilers!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_133.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #381: It's a Trap!

REVIEW: Villains For Hire #3 (of 4)

1. Tres Taylor
    February 4, 2012 at 9:56 am — Reply

Love you guys and I can’t wait to hear some mid-season games. Will be fun to hear Rodrigo as a PC.

2. Andreas
    February 4, 2012 at 10:07 am — Reply

I can’t truly belive that Brentzen is gone! He was my new favorit charakter :(

• Andreas
      February 5, 2012 at 12:35 am — Reply

To in the Star Trek mode the next Season should be “The search for Brentzen”
      One of my best moment was (Offcourse) Sir B himself replying: “They do not call me Sir Brentzen the Thoughtful!”
      I really also loved Glaa and 7OW.

3. J_Michael_T
    February 4, 2012 at 11:00 am — Reply

This episode makes me want to listen to Season Three again. Off to the download the entire season …

4. TheNewNum.2
    February 4, 2012 at 11:51 am — Reply

I’m curious to find out the fate of Torq. Liike you Andreas, I refuse to believe that he is really dead.

5. Andante
    February 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm — Reply

Fantastic job everyone! Loved the entire thing to death. Can’t say how much I love this podcast. Truly an epic story with a lively cast!

My favorite moment I think was the meeting with the meeting with the gods in Shalai. The portrayal was just spot on and it really felt like the characters were interacting meaningfully with beings far out of their league. Although Brentzen as Riker is pretty awesome too — it suddenly gave that final battle a star trek feel. I totally had an imagine of She Who Slumbers in Agony “warping” in at the end.

For the thing warded inside the circle, I thought it would have been pretty cool if Orem just banished him away with, “You want freedom. You’ve got it.” — which I think Ket was actually driving at, haha

For the longest time, I was wondering what happened with the Triskelion temple (and apparently so is the void monster with the extra shadow as well — dun dun dunn). Listening to it again and again, i tried to pick out when the players started picking up on the hallucination thing, and to infer whether or not it was planned. I’m glad the voice from above settled that question! Another kudos to Rodrigo for seamless improvisation (I presume Queen’s Rebellious Daughter’s appearance there was inserted as part of the improv too?).

Poor Bel and Bretzen, they shall be missed :( May they live on in the Valhalla of treasured support characters.

Will there be an episode next week? I believe there was talk about Rob picking up the DM hat? Even if there isn’t time to do a live play podcast, would be pretty cool if we could get a planning podcast like we did with Stephen’s campaign.

• Andante
      February 4, 2012 at 1:59 pm — Reply

Oh, I just remember something else. Favorite comedic moment: Seven (I think it was Seven) tries to blow out a candlehead’s candle and they go, in Rodrigo’s words, “Cha — please.”

• GeorgeDubya
        February 5, 2012 at 10:12 am — Reply

I think what Rodrigo said was, “Child… please.”

But yeah, that was one of my favorite moments of the season.

6. Thecrazy8
    February 4, 2012 at 3:10 pm — Reply

Are the pics in the show notes?

7. Dan
    February 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm — Reply

For Randus’ new race I am going to go with Time Lord or a Vonagute.

• February 5, 2012 at 1:07 am — Reply

trafalmadorian?

• Dan
        February 5, 2012 at 8:41 am — Reply

Yeah that’s them. But its been years since I read the book so I couldn’t remember what they were called. *attempting to not say anything about the original issues*

• February 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm — Reply

trafalmadorian?

Melmacian?

8. TorontoFrog
    February 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm — Reply

OMFG that was EPIC! I just caught up listening! Right away my favorite moment was all the Lloth arc! Seeing back dear old Smith was awesome.

Good job guys. And awesome job Rodrigo.

9. Ian Richards
    February 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm — Reply

Evil Smith was one of the highlights of this season for me….

10. Mark
    February 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm — Reply

Great season. Rodrigo’s GM’ing style has inspired me more than a little bit to try running a group. The skills challenges are fantastic. The Winged Triskelion episode was the first I ever listened to; immediately after that I went back and started at episode 1. If I had to pick just one, though, I think my favorite moment of the season was…Longbeard Jackson, of course, followed closely by Orem and the dean.

11. Jared
    February 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm — Reply

If Brenzen dies I will be a very unhappy listener. Rodrigo’s “Well you can throwout Brenzen’s” comment when Matthew asked if he should throw out the character sheet made me cringe. LONG LIVE BRENZEN!!

12. Andante
    February 9, 2012 at 8:05 pm — Reply

Relistening to the very first episode (MSP109), Stephen asks, “Like Prestidigitation? When would you use that??” Very last scene of the epic battle, Orem prestidigitates flares for rescue!