I couldn’t tell you how many Resident Evil movies there are, because the first one was enough for me.  The franchise must still be a strong one, because Resident Evil: Retribution is just around the corner.

The Umbrella Corporation’s deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race’s last and only hope, Alice, awakens in the heart of Umbrella’s most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by newfound allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun.

Hint: Switch to 1080p and watch full screen.

DC RELAUNCH: DC Entertainment reveals brand in action

1. jkp
    January 19, 2012 at 2:08 pm — Reply

I think this pushes the total to 5 now.

I’ve got to say that the live action RE movies are some of my favorite pop-corn flicks. They’re competently made, deliver cool special effects along with some great action sequences, and the story arc is silly but fun. Though the real draw is Mila Jovovich.

I’ll tell anyone who listen, that is to say primarily my wife, that Jovovich is probably the most underrated action star of the past two decades. In her movies she really exudes strength and confidence in a fairly quiet sort of manner. Unlike say, Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux, Jovovich also looks incredibly at ease and authentic kicking butt on screen. She’s also a good enough actress to sell the silly stories she’s often in. Plus she just seems like a really cool chick. She’s like Bruce Willis and Clint Eastwood rolled into one.

Anyway, the RE series is really just a bunch of low-key, enjoyable action flicks with sci-fi/horror elements tossed in. I recommend them to most anyone with a little free time who likes that sort of thing.

2. Ricco
    January 19, 2012 at 5:40 pm — Reply

Time travel or dimension hopping? Either way I saw Jill Valentine in her red dress, I’m in.

• Adam Murray
      January 21, 2012 at 2:30 am — Reply

…or could that be Ada Wong?

• Anthony Russo
        January 25, 2012 at 12:22 am — Reply

It is Ada, she is always in the red dress per the video games, Jill is blonde in this movie as per the video games as well, im kiinda nerd with this shit lol:P

3. Davis
    January 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm — Reply

She had me at “The Fifth Element”… and I got lotsa popcorn!
    The movies never suck… but, we are basically watching live action anime.
    Anyone want a little “Underworld” to chase that down with?
    I have lost count as well.

4. Seneca
    January 20, 2012 at 6:41 am — Reply

I think it is a rule in these RE movies that if you are female and have anything above an A cup you are gonna die. In a post apocalyptic world big breasts are a death sentence. :)

5. zerick
    January 20, 2012 at 9:30 am — Reply

I always predicted a time travel component would be added to this series. Shit you have to hit the reset button!! Too much of a MESS GLOBALLY to end well AT ALL!!

6. Lafajet
    January 21, 2012 at 5:36 am — Reply

You sure that’s Jill Valentine? I was thinking Ada Wong based on the outfit. Haven’t seen a RE flick since the first one though, so I have no idea about what they’ve done with the filmverse.

7. David
    January 28, 2012 at 4:07 pm — Reply

the women in the red dress is ada wong and at the end of afterlife jill valentine comes out with that red evil bug on her chest with her hair blonde. rain is also back by the umbrella clonning her but shes bad also.jill valentine and alice are said to have a fight that be around 10 mins. but that can all change due to editting.

8. Karim Outlaw
    March 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm — Reply

If you know this near the end of the trailer, Rain is dressed in prison patient like attire with my hair down, unlike the leather clad Rain clone earlier in the trailer(who is w/uroboros).