Hot on the heels of the news that Power Girl and Huntress are becoming the World’s Finest in Earth 2, DC Comics has announced the official next wave of New 52 titles.

• BATMAN INCORPORATED – Writer: Grant Morrison. Artist: Chris Burnham. The acclaimed ongoing writer of ACTION COMICS, Grant Morrison, presents a fresh take on BATMAN INCORPORATED, in which the Batman brand is franchised globally in preparation for a major international threat.
  • EARTH 2 – Writer: James Robinson. Artist: Nicola Scott. The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds.
  • WORLDS’ FINEST – Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.
  • DIAL H – Writer: China Miéville. Artist: Mateus Santoluoco. The first ongoing series from acclaimed novelist China Miéville, this is a bold new take on a cult classic concept about the psychological effects on an everyman who accidentally gains powers to become a hero.
  • G.I. COMBAT – Writer: J.T. Krul. Artist: Ariel Olivetti. Featuring the return of a classic DC Comics series, THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT, along with rotating back-up stories and creative teams – including THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, with writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Dan Panosian; and THE HAUNTED TANK, with writer John Arcudi and artist Scott Kolins.
  • THE RAVAGERS – Writer: Howard Mackie. Artist: Ian Churchill. Spinning off from TEEN TITANS and SUPERBOY, this series finds four superpowered teens on the run and fighting against the organization that wants to turn them into supervillains.

This does mean that six titles are being cancelled to make room for these new titles.  The six series leaving the New 52 are Blackhawks, Hawk and Dove, Men of War, Mister Terrific, O.M.A.C., and Static Shock.

According to Bob Harras, DC Entertainment Editor-in-Chief, these new titles are going to be all about world-building, and with another title taking place on Earth-2, it looks like DC is starting to do multiple-world-building, too.

All of these titles arrive in May 2012.

via The Source

DC RELAUNCH: Crisis on Multiple Earths - World's Finest returns

ME WANT: D20 Fez perfect for Game Masters

1. January 12, 2012 at 8:51 am — Reply

Im glad to see the multiverse back. Leaves the writers space to maneuver.
    + Power Girl

2. Xian
    January 12, 2012 at 9:07 am — Reply

Loved the 2003 H.E.R.O. (Dial H for Hero) series that has never been completely collected in trade (but the whole run can be found at conventions quite inexpensively) and really excited about what a comic-book outsider can do with it.

3. joe
    January 12, 2012 at 9:08 am — Reply

Blackhawks was actually pretty fun. That stinks. The rest are whatever. Kind of dug the first 2 issues of OMAC. Might pick them up now that it’s finite. Hawk and Dove was WAY better than I thought it would be (meaning that it did not make me blind). All kidding aside I kind of dug it. It made me feel like a stupid kid again.

I’ll literally buy any book where Kevin Maguire draws the interiors.

• BlueBeetle
      January 12, 2012 at 9:42 am — Reply

Seconding the Kevin Maguire love.

Pre-ordering World’s Finest tomorrow!

• Richard
      January 12, 2012 at 9:57 am — Reply

‘Cancelling Men of War to bring in GI Combat seems like an obvious ploy to cash in on a new #1.’

I disagree – they fill separate niches. I have no interest in straight war comics, but I was a huge fan of the weird war stuff from the 70s. It’s too bad they aren’t going with GI Robot and the Creature Commandos, but I’ll take a look at how they are updating The War That Time Forgot and The Haunted Tank.

4. Russ Catt
    January 12, 2012 at 9:47 am — Reply

I’m sorry, Static Shock.
    I love your adventures, but I don’t think they were “good enough” to keep up in the New 52 era.
    This is unfortunate because some of the other Milestone heroes are just starting to come into the book.

5. Justin Wawrzonek
    January 12, 2012 at 9:59 am — Reply

No more Static Shock…I haz a sad. :(

6. J_Michael_T
    January 12, 2012 at 10:43 am — Reply

Yay JSA! Hope it is a good one.

7. Brad B
    January 12, 2012 at 10:49 am — Reply

OMAC seems like the big surprise drop for me. I personally haven’t kept up with it, but what I did read was quite fun and I’ve heard overwhelmingly positive things about it (though mostly along the lines of “It’s just a straight up FUN comic book. Doesn’t take itself too seriously. Etc.”). The rest of the cancelled books I can’t speak to too much.

However, Power Girl is my favorite DC character, and I am very excited to finally see her return.

8. Ricco
    January 12, 2012 at 11:59 am — Reply

Well Matthew said at one point that he liked Omac, thous it was doomed to cancellation from that point on.

Yay on PG! The last run and previous one where great and worth continuing, now if only they would announce the relaunch of Birds of Prey…

9. Mokin
    January 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm — Reply

Perez and Maguire.

These 2 artists alone would have me buying World’s Finest, but on the same title??? Even if it’s on an alternating basis…I mean…

…and it’s written by Levitz?!?!?!?!?

Mokin is surprised he can have so much pleasure and remain dressed.

• BlueBeetle
      January 12, 2012 at 1:57 pm — Reply

Maguire just posted on twitter that is going to be 3 issues by George and then three issues by him and so on.

10. January 12, 2012 at 2:42 pm — Reply

I am looking forward to several of these new titles. I like Blackhawks and Men of War but cash is king and if people don’t support the books they love not only by buying but also buy spreading the word then those books go away.

11. January 12, 2012 at 3:47 pm — Reply

Some of the above are really not up to static shock level, i am pretty sure dc made a mistake here but let’s hope they know what they are doing, maybe putting static together with teen titans would work well

12. January 12, 2012 at 6:42 pm — Reply

China Mievielle on Dial H For Hero? That’s huge. Very very excited for that.

Also glad to see The Haunted Tank. John Arcudi’s done good stuff with BPRD.

13. January 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm — Reply

Dammit DC, stop trying to get all my paycheck, Earth-2 & a PG and Huntress book? Though why Earth-2 and not “JSA?”

• fire hazard
      January 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm — Reply

i’m sure they titled it this way so they can continue using the title if the comic buying public shows a lot of interest in it, and then start a jsa earth 2 title to cash in on this cow if it gets plump!

• ~wyntermute~
        January 15, 2012 at 11:21 am — Reply

I think you’re on to something here… “Detective Comics” used to be the launching pad for new heroes, as well as “Action Comics”, and “Weird War Stories”, etc.. “Anthology” (or generi-name) titles can get away with changing the focus of the book without messing up the print run~! This gives them the option to “spin” characters from “Earth-2” into mini-series (and possible full-series) based on who’s popular and for how long they can maintain it (i.e. Magog. ugh.).

14. David Morgan
    January 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm — Reply

Yay! Earth 2 JSA…I’m finally returning to comic book collecting. So May solicitations or May cover date?