Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher really know how to make the most of any summer day.  The stepbrothers have some of the biggest and baddest adventures in animation, and they are so popular, they even pushed Thor 2’s release date.

But who is the real genius between the two?

I know what we’re going to do today!

Don’t know who Phineas and Ferb are? For Shame, Dear Spoilerite! FOR SHAME!

Phineas Flynn
An incurable optimist, Phineas constantly looks on the brighter side of things. He is as well extremely smart, creative, and persistent, able to endeavor in immensely large projects and activities with the help of his stepbrother. His hospitality is a driving force behind many of his plans.

Ferb Fletcher
Ferb almost never speaks, but is not actually shy like one would assume. He is very courageous and clever. Quick thinking and on his feet about things, Ferb is a mechanical and technical genius, Ferb has built a plethora of things, from a roller coaster to a rocket to robots.

Who is the real genius?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

OPINION: Community Involvement in D&D 5th Edition

1. Kyle
    January 10, 2012 at 11:21 am — Reply

I voted for Ferb, he may not say much but he always knows how to build whatever crazy thing they come up with

2. Waldo Butters
    January 10, 2012 at 11:25 am — Reply

I voted for Phineas because he’s the idea’s man. An adventure can’t start without his trademark “I know what we’re going to do today!” to kick it all off. He also has the ‘oblivious-to-the-girl-who-is-in-love-with-him’ thing going with Isabella which is always funny.

3. The Great NateO
    January 10, 2012 at 11:28 am — Reply

I’m going with Ferb! Phineas is the main idea guy, Ferb makes it happen. He is always the one in the background taking Phineas ideas and making the real, yes Phineas helps but Ferb is the man. Now some of projects are not what you call “street legal” they are great none the less. Now in a fight Phineas would win, you don’t mess with Phineas when he gets pissed off. Hay where’s Perry?

4. Moppen
    January 10, 2012 at 11:44 am — Reply

This is the hardest poll you have ever done!!! Its hard for me to think of them as a single, they a team, the best dynamic duo around. But pressed I had to go with Ferb. I think he has a slight edge on Phineas with his mechanical know how.

5. Ricco
    January 10, 2012 at 11:47 am — Reply

Despise the high amount of praise given by Stephen on most podcasts released on days ending in Y I still have no idea who these guys are, so I’ll go with the description given under their pictures: Ferb, action man beats idea man, more often then not literaly.

6. Jimmy
    January 10, 2012 at 11:52 am — Reply

I see Phineas as the theorist and Ferb as the experimentalist, and while I, being a Physics major who’s working at a national laboratory right now, encounter both on a daily basis and see the value in each, I went with the theorist since without an idea man there’s nothing for the experimentalist to work on.

7. January 10, 2012 at 11:54 am — Reply

If only Baljeet was more mechanically inclined . . . I guess I have to go with Ferb. He can dance and he does it for the ladies (grrrrr)

• Jimmy
      January 10, 2012 at 12:20 pm — Reply

Baljeet is the man

8. Coby S
    January 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm — Reply

I think this one has to go to Phineas. In my mind they both have the same intelligence and creativity but Phineas also has high charisma and charm. They are both the brain but Phineas is also the face of the two

9. January 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Ferb…silent but awesome.

10. Rui Almeida
    January 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm — Reply

I’ve never watched the show so I picked the guy with the triangular head.

11. nordberg01
    January 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Ferb is Jack Kirby to Phineas’ Stan Lee. Phineas knows what he wants to do today and Ferb knows how to implement it like a master.

• January 11, 2012 at 8:37 am — Reply

12. Russ Catt
    January 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm — Reply

In the great debate between “The marketing guy” and “The engineer” I’ll side with the engineer almost every time.
    Go Ferb!

13. Jeff
    January 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm — Reply

Because of the way you worded the poll, who is the real ‘genius’, I had to go with Ferb. Most of the episodes I have seen, Phineas is the main man and comes up with the ideas, but Ferb is the man building all the contraptions. To me, Phineas is the creative mind and Ferb is the intellect, both very important and a killer team, but because you asked for Genius, gotta go with Ferb.

14. ClubberLang6
    January 10, 2012 at 3:54 pm — Reply

I have never watched Phineas and Ferb. Can I write in the Brain, from Pinky and the Brain?

15. January 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm — Reply

Where is the option for Perry? Because as anyone who has seen the movie knows, he was smart enough to keep the old inventions to help save the world someday.

But honestly, I can’t vote. They wouldn’t be nearly the geniuses they are without each other, so it’s kinda an unreasonable question.

• Steven Allen
      January 11, 2012 at 11:58 am — Reply

Another vote for Perry the Platypus! :)

16. Xaxelbrax
    January 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Shakes head and walks away…

17. Dustin
    January 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm — Reply

Where is the option for Isabella?? If it wasn’t for her leading the Fireside Girls a lot of the guys plans would quickly fallen apart. But there is no such option, I guess I’ll vote for Phineas since he’s the one that fuels her creativeness.

18. January 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm — Reply

I’m going to go with Ferb, based on the dozen episodes i’ve watched.

19. Bob
    January 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm — Reply

Ferb all the way – Phineas fills the PT Barnum role in this duo…

20. BigPapaRama
    January 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm — Reply

All three kids say Ferb. He makes it all happen.

21. January 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm — Reply

Why, why, why!? Why must we vote on one of the brothers? Surely this will lead to resentment, which we all knows leads to hate, which leads to suffering, which leads to THE DARK SIDE!! Do we want either of these two boys on the dark side? Could we repel genius of the magnitude?!

I voted for Phineas because it’s a good family name.

22. Drew
    January 11, 2012 at 12:48 am — Reply

I was hoping for a third option so I could vote for the Amazing Heroes again…

23. Raffael
    January 12, 2012 at 12:00 am — Reply

I’m going for Ferb just because he will (probably) marry Vanessa Doofenshmirtz

24. dsowa
    January 12, 2012 at 9:50 am — Reply

I see them as a classic Steve Jobs/Steve Wozniak pair. Phineas is the idea man, the trickster archetype, the Jobs. Ferb is the behind the scenes guy, the Woz, the Spock to Phineas’ Kirk,the Lancer. (a term I just leaned from TV Tropes) Both capable as individuals but together much greater than the sum of their parts. The selection of one or the other as “better” actually says more about the selector than it does about Phineas or Ferb.