If you are looking for something to do as you count the minutes until you get to rip open your holiday gifts, check out this animated short subject featuring Imaginext Super Friends.

Don’t worry, this is only a one off (for now) that was part of Fisher-Price’s promotional materials included in the toy line (one that my kid loves playing with). It has the same vibe as the Super Hero Squad show, and if DC/Warner Bros./Cartoon Network want something to fill that power block of shows coming in 2012, this might be something to consider putting into regular production.

TEASER: Another teaser for Prometheus trailer arrives

TRAILER: 21 Jump Street

1. December 20, 2011 at 9:05 am — Reply

Just ticks me off. They never should have cancelled that book.

But this short is genius!

2. BigEZ
    December 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm — Reply

My kids love this short. They would do well to bring back the DC Super Friends. I liked how they used the old Super Friends intro, my four year old saw the old Super Friends playing on a TV in the local Best Buy and was wanting me to pick it up. It’s a great way to grab that age group and give some competition to Marvel Super-Heroes. My little guy like the DC characters more.

3. BallsMonkey
    December 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm — Reply

Bout time they started marketing younger. Now if only they can get the comics to follow suit.

4. Slappy
    December 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm — Reply

Have one for my kids as well as a comic book from a cereal box. My kids loved them.

5. Belmont
    December 20, 2011 at 9:12 pm — Reply

This should be on Cartoon Networks rotation. I think it’s fantastic. Thanks Major Spoilers for bringing this up.

6. Brainy Pirate
    December 21, 2011 at 9:41 am — Reply

Loved it!

But no women? :-(

• DrNobody
      December 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm — Reply

As it’s geared toward young boys, they tend to not include too many female characters toy-wise… (remember the Super Powers line, which only produced Wonder Woman, and I guess was considering maybe doing Supergirl for the next series that got cancelled)… While I think they’re missing part of their market this way, old habits die hard for toy companies, I suppose… Would love to see WW, Black Canaray, etc in this line… I’m surprised they even gave Catwoman a figure in the smaller Imaginext line… ;^)

7. svzurich
    December 22, 2011 at 10:39 am — Reply

I like how they gave so many nods to the Super Friends series that I grew up with. I am no longer the target audience for this humor, but I still found myself watching (and groaning) and thought it would be great for today’s kids.