Captain Marvel (Shazam!) will appear in Justice League #7 from DC Comics, and the issue will also see Gene Ha step up to provide the art.

The announcement from DC is slightly different than the other announcements the company made this week, as Ha will only provide the art for issue #7.  The Source says Jim Lee returns with issue #9, which means we’re going to see another announcement soon on who will be providing the art for issue #8.

Justice League #7 features the team in its present day form and serves as the prologue to “The Villain’s Journey” arc.

Countdown to snarky comment…

via The Source

Major Spoilers Holiday Gift Guide 2011: The ukelele that is more than meets the eye

HUMOR? Local Serta mattress commercial spoofs Star Trek

1. TaZ
    December 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm — Reply

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! Damn I hope they don’t screw this up!

2. LemmyCaution
    December 10, 2011 at 2:14 am — Reply

I definitely like his Cyborg and Wonder Woman on the opening two-page spread.

3. Jeff
    December 10, 2011 at 2:16 am — Reply

No thanks.

4. Oldcomicfan
    December 10, 2011 at 7:49 am — Reply

Is that supposed to be Cyborg? Since when does he have gatling guns for hands? And how does he open his fly if he’s got gatling guns for hands?

• TaZ
      December 10, 2011 at 8:18 am — Reply

I’m guessing the same way he did in the old Teen Titans when he’d use one of his hands for a disrupter/weapon. Just this version is a bit updated so that he doesn’t have to take his hand off and hang it on his belt. More firepower is always OK with me.

5. Oldcomicfan
    December 10, 2011 at 8:30 pm — Reply

Okay, another question. I can see taking his hand off to install a gun, but once he’s done it with one hand, how does he remove the other? Or am I over-thinking this? Even when I was a kid I never bought the idea of Superman being able to push a planet out of the way of danger with his bare hands. Pushing with such enormous force in an area as small as the human hands would just punch a hole in the crust. And also, be be able to push, you have to have something to push AGAINST… Sort of like those drawings of Spider-Man you see so often where he is swinging by his web and the tallest buildings in New York are shown BELOW him. What is his web attached to? Seagulls?

6. Johnny
    December 11, 2011 at 7:37 pm — Reply

How does noone but me notice the lantern construct umbrellas, and the fact that bats apparently said, no thanks, I don’t need an umbrella, I’m somber?