According to Deadline, director Patty Jenkins has walked off the Thor sequel.

According to the report, Marvel Studios is quickly looking for a replacement, though I wonder why the studio isn’t driving up to Kenneth Branagh’s house with a truckload of money asking him to return.  There is a rumor that says Branagh will actually appear in Thor 2… but that shouldn’t/wouldn’t stop the director from pulling double duty.

In any case, Jenkins exit is over creative differences – an easy out for both the studio and director to keep from getting into a He Said/She Said argument that plays out across the rag mags and Internet websites.

Thor 2 is scheduled to hit theaters on November 15, 2013, but now I wonder if it will make that date after Jenkins exit.

via Deadline

SNEAK PEEK: Dynamite Entertainment for December 07, 2011

DC RELAUNCH: More changes come to creative teams

1. Eddie Sheridan
    December 7, 2011 at 11:23 am — Reply

“I wonder why the studio isn’t driving up to Kenneth Branagh house with a truckload of money asking him to return.”

I wondered the same thing.

• December 7, 2011 at 11:31 am — Reply

I think the answer comes in the form of Iron Man 2 and Don Cheadle…

• Michael
        December 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm — Reply

I don’t get the above missive. Explain please?

• alvarlux
          December 8, 2011 at 10:57 pm — Reply

Marvel doesn’t like spending massive amounts of money – in Iron Man 2 they replaced Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle, because he would do the same or better for less money.

If they can find a different Director for less I’m sure that’s preferable.

2. Michael
    December 7, 2011 at 2:43 pm — Reply

IIRC wasn’t Branagh’s reason for passing on Thor 2 a scheduling conflict? Is that conflict still there? If so can it or Thor 2 be finagled with to accomodate him?

3. December 8, 2011 at 12:52 am — Reply

While the director can do a lot for a film in this case I doubt the over all out come will change much if she had stayed on the project.

4. Oldcomicfan
    December 9, 2011 at 6:55 am — Reply

A: Who the heck is Patty Jenkins?
    B: I wonder what she was so Thor about?

The Thunder God went for a ride
    Upon his favorite filly
    “I’m Thor!” he cried
    The horse replied
    “You forgot your thaddle, thilly!”