There have been a lot of rumors swirling around the Star Trek 2 movie.  One of the biggest is the one surrounding Benicio Del Toro’s role in the movie.

At first, Del Toro was going to play a Klingon, then someone speculated that the actor would be playing Kahn, which caught fire across the Internet. While Del Toro might be playing a villain, J.J. Abrams told Hit Fix that it simply isn’t true.

What is true is that RoboCop star Peter Weller will play a “principal” role in the movie. No one will go on record to say what part Weller is playing, which means it’s time for another round of Internet Rumors.

Who do you think Weller will play in the movie?

Star Trek 2 is scheduled to arrive May 17, 2013.

via Deadline

SNEAK PEEK: BOOM! Studios for December 07, 2011

MOVIES: Doctor Who movie not happening?

1. Antonio Sanciolo
    December 5, 2011 at 8:56 am — Reply

I would wet my oversized undies if Weller (AKA Robocop) is of the Borg.
    That would be amazing on several levels of amazingness.

2. Oldcomicfan
    December 5, 2011 at 9:22 pm — Reply

Feh. You guys are all missing the obvious. Since they rebooted the franchise and changed everything, how could they go back and redo the classic stories with Kahn or Klang? My guess is that they are going to do something completely new, especially since they’ve been working 5 years on a script. Of course, I could be wrong, in which case, Weller will probably end up playing Harcord Fenton Mudd. I will be happy if I manage to live long enough to see another Trek movie. By the time they get this one out, the new Trek cast will be as old as Shatner. I hope to God he doesn’t play Kahn. The Space Seed was one of the worst Trek episodes ever, save for the one with the space hippies. It’s only virtue is that it led to Star Trek 2, the best Trek movie ever.

3. Mizar
    December 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm — Reply

I think they’ll be introducing Next Generation characters into this new universe. So my bet is Weller will be playing Data.

4. Obsidian
    December 6, 2011 at 11:33 pm — Reply

Or… *gasp* he might be playing a brand new character! :o

5. December 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm — Reply

It’s Khan, you know.

Although, as a Jew, I do appreciate the Kahn spelling.

• December 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Actually, in the new reality, the epitome of genetic engineering is actually Lily Von Schtupp. (Look it up.)