If you have been watching Cartoon Network (or reading Major Spoilers multiple times every day), you’ve seen word about the new programming block called DC Nation.  The trailer for the block has appeared, and if you look closely, you’ll see a few surprises that could make a two hour block of original content must see TV for DC fans.

Hawken arrives in stores this week

SHORT FILM: Blood on the Game Dice

1. bob terwilliger
    November 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm — Reply

Oh lord I can’t wait for this!

2. Allen
    November 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm — Reply

I’m on board!!!

3. Obsidian
    November 15, 2011 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Wait… was that a live action Blue Beetle show mixed into there?

• Michael
      November 15, 2011 at 8:32 pm — Reply

I didn’t notice but it could be from the pilot that was shot.

BTW, anyone know what the animated Batman is from? I thought the next big regular Batshow was the CG manga-looking thing.

• November 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Which animated Batman? There are several different ones in the promo. If you are talking about the one where he punches Mr. Freeze, that’s from Young Justice. The Blue Beetle stuff looks like the demo stuff they showed at SDCC a couple years ago when they were promoting the Beetle in Smallville.

• Michael
          November 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm — Reply

I WAS talking about the first one where he’s wailing on Mr. Freeze. :) I didn’t remember that from Young Justice. Thanks!

4. Joonas
    November 15, 2011 at 7:32 pm — Reply

DC Shorts? I am intrigued.

5. Gibralter
    November 15, 2011 at 7:39 pm — Reply

I don’t (DC Nation) think they(DC Nation) did enough(DC Nation) to push (DC Nation) the name.(DC Nation)

• Eric (CMonocle)
      November 16, 2011 at 10:15 am — Reply

What was it called again?

6. The_Bear_Jew
    November 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm — Reply

It looks pretty great!

7. brenton8090
    November 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm — Reply

Ummmm. all that…. for 2 shows? (And some shorts.) But still… 2 shows? That’s it? Awful lot of hype.

• November 16, 2011 at 10:50 am — Reply

I think they’ll probably air some older ones, they’re having that CGI “Beware the Batman” show somewhere down the line, and then there’s a bunch of Shorts series (which, to me at least, are the most appealling part of the block). So it’s more than just two shows.

8. DMC
    November 16, 2011 at 12:06 am — Reply

2 bad they didn’t have this idea when the Justice League (Unlimited) cartoon was airing. That was the best cartoon series DC ever made next to Batman TAS.

But maybe it’s time for a new Justice League series.

9. ExMalakite
    November 16, 2011 at 5:57 am — Reply

DMC, have you watched Young Justice? It’s practically JLU2. Love the animation style and more characters on screen in one ep than any show I can remember. Including the JLU Finale.

Also, I wish Cartoon Network would bring back the Legion Cartoon. Or make a Young Justice style counterpart with more serious stories and that awesome graphic style.

10. TaZ
    November 16, 2011 at 8:58 am — Reply

The kid with the Specter costume was worth the video. And some of the shorts look hilarious. I’m in.

11. November 16, 2011 at 10:48 am — Reply

The wide variety of the shorts has sold me more than the two marquee shows (and from the way they phrased it as “2 New Shows”, I wonder if it’ll air some old favorites). More than anything, Plastic Man, adorable clay Batman, and what looked like Amethyst drawn by Lauren Faust have my interest.

And like ExMalakite, I wish they’d give the Legion another chance either in reruns or a new series.

12. RubishBandit
    November 16, 2011 at 11:53 am — Reply

The only thing I’m interested in watching is Young Justice. I hope this means they’ll be less sporadic with the episodes.

13. Belmont
    November 18, 2011 at 9:27 pm — Reply

Looked like a Mexican Batman as well just look for the big guy with the kowl and gigantic mustache as he plants a paper with the bat emblem on the side of his taxi….. 50-51 sec in the commercial. Got a good laugh out of that……..