If you were wondering when Darkseid would appear in the pages of Justice League, you only have to wait until December, when the villain reveals himself.  But you don’t have to wait that long to see how Jim Lee has redesigned the Justice League foe.

Superstar artist and DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee brings his razor sharp design skills to the greatest villain in the DC pantheon. Originally conceived and designed by Jack Kirby, the King of Comics himself, Darkseid’s redesign has the Kirby motif all over him. Jim has taken what made Darkseid a fearsome foe from his original incarnation and provided the big bad with a 21st century design flair for even more malevolence.

Justice League #4 arrives December 21, 2011.

via The Source

BOOM! Studios lands Grant Morrison Avengers series

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: Mr. Murder is Dead!

1. that dude
    November 14, 2011 at 9:43 am — Reply

Out of all the more recent DC Relaunch redesigns I think that I like this the best . Much like the new OMAC it’s got some really nice tweaks and callbacks to the original style here and there.

2. Jimmy
    November 14, 2011 at 10:28 am — Reply

If he doesn’t hold his hands behind his back somewhere in the issue, I won’t be able to accept him, but otherwise I am fine with this.

3. wdchefdave
    November 14, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

Looks like Galactus and the Anti-Monitor had an ugly child.
    But, I like it a lot!
    His old duds looked like he was a 17th century blacksmith… wearing a dress.
    Darksied, Kang, Ultron, etc. have been done to death.
    I wonder when someone will come up with a villain to rival the ones created decades ago?!?
    (Has there ever been a Darksied vs, Thanos story?)

4. Dennis
    November 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm — Reply

Looks okay, but I do not like the shoulder shells.

5. November 14, 2011 at 4:04 pm — Reply

Needs a skirt…

• J Michael T
      November 14, 2011 at 9:13 pm — Reply

6. Pidgeonman
    November 14, 2011 at 5:59 pm — Reply

Reallly would have liked to see some sort of new villian or threat, but I guess Darkseid with pants and shoulder pads isn’t the worst thing ever.

7. Ian
    November 14, 2011 at 6:40 pm — Reply

Where’s the tall v-collar? Isn’t that a requirement to appear in the new improved DCnU?

8. justanothergeek
    November 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm — Reply

It’s hideous, here was I thinking Lee’s Justice League redesigns sucked but boy oh boy! Jim Lee is a great artist I admire him a lot but his costume designs are horrible, loojs like something out of YoungBlood back in the day.

9. DMC
    November 16, 2011 at 12:12 am — Reply

I think DC overdid it here. They should have kept it simple.