Vertigo has announced it is following its parent imprint DC Comics with a number of day and date releases of its titles to the digital format.
“We’ve found digital to be a great way to bring in new audiences and I’m excited to introduce digital comic readers to these already very popular Vertigo titles,” stated Hank Kanalz, senior vice president of digital, DC Entertainment.
According to Kanalz, the editorial teams have been working to find the best jumping on point for new readers flocking to the digital format, and from the list, it looks like we’ll have most of the Vertigo books on our digital devices by January, 2012.
- SWEET TOOTH starting with issue #26 available now
- SPACEMAN the new mini-series by Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso will launch with issue #1 on sale Oct. 26. This exciting new series featuring award-winning talent will be available for a special price of $.99 – a first for digital pricing that makes this series a “can’t miss” event.
- THE UNWRITTEN beginning with #31 on sale Nov. 9
- iZOMBIE beginning with issue #19 on sale Nov. 16
- THE UNWRITTEN .5 issues beginning with #31.5 on sale Nov. 23
- FABLES beginning with the special holiday issue #112 on sale Dec. 21
- AMERICAN VAMPIRE beginning with issue #22 on sale Dec. 28
- HELLBLAZER beginning with issue #287 on sale Jan. 18
Cover prices will remain at $2.99.